cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DotNet Connector deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a vb.net application running using dotnet connector 2.0.1. On our development machine Win2k-Sp4, everything works fine, but on the curstomers machine Win2k-Sp4, we get an error 'system exception thrown while marshaling .NET type SAPSync.ZBC_DATUM_RANGE to RFCTYPE_XMLDATA'. ZBC_DATUM_RANGE is a function provided by our SAP programmer.

Did we forget to deploy some files except

SAP.Connector.dll

SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll

librfc32.dll

msvcr71.dll

msvcp71.dll

Many thanks and kindest regards.

Daniel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

why you deploying separate files ? I think you should use the SAPConnector Runtime installation (located nearby the download of SAP Connector 1.x in the Marketplace).

Regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

how are you doing ?

please check the version of u're file 'librfc32.dll'

there might be the possibility of a difference which could lead to the discrepancy

i have faced similar [but not exact] problems in the past

as the assembly versions of SAP.Connector.dll & SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll is retrieved from web.config, these should remain the same, so you dont need to worry about those

with respect,

amit

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please post more details about the exception:

-Call Stack

-Exact exception type and message.

It's unlikely that you missed yome files on deployment: The libraries you mentioned should be sufficient. More likely is a security/permission problem caused by some policies on the target machine. A good test is always to temporarily turn .NET code-based security off: "caspol -s off".

0 Kudos

I get a similar error "System exception thrown while marshaling .NET type MsgTransServer.ARFCTID_T to RFCTYPE_XMLDATA" on the CommStation of the mobile client on the customer system. This happens while copying the RFC tables on the CRM Server to the mobile client.

A re-start of the services solves the problem. How could a .NET code-based security be a problem here? How can I solve this? There are no notes available for this issue.

Thanks and warm regards,

- Midhun George