cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Alerts in Adapter Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we process 1000's of messages for the same receiving system. On the receiver adapter we append to one file. This causes file locking issues when multiple messages attempt to write to the same file. On the 2nd or 3rd retry these messages writes successfully to the file.

The issue is that the file locking causes unwanted alerts. Is there a way to configure or change the alerting so that alerts are raised only when it goes to a final status of "System Error".

We cannot make the sender EOIO for performance reasons. I tried using an adapter module to change the QoS to EOIO on the FTP/File receiver adapter, but it seems to be too late at that point. The message is already put into a receiver queue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Duke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just check the <i>"Suppress multiple alerts of this rule"</i> in RWB->Alert configuration->Alert rules

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my understanding, if the Suppress Multiple Alerts is checked, then no further alerts are generated of a rule until the first alert has been confirmed.

But, what we would like to do is not to even generate an alert until it goes to "System Error" status after all retries have been exhausted.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Duke