cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event selector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created 2 iviews under one page. Both iviews should communicate so I have created signal out and signal in with same names. But in 2nd iview i m unable to give the event selector. Its not allowing me to write and if i am selecting signal then also its not accepting. No changes are happening there. So i think because of that I am unable to do navigation. Any one please help for that. Its urgent...........

Regards,

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just give the same names to the signal in and out.

They should contain the same field names.

The EPCM event should also be same for signal in and out.

There is no need to write a event in signal in... You can write event for signal out. If that event is triggered then the data is automatically passed to the corresponding signal in port.

For further detail have a look at this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fd/4a7e40417c6d1de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My problem is that after creating the signal in in the second iview its not asking any input fields because its not connected to any bapi. I am just connecting it to other form in the second iview. I do not require any bapi here so how to get the input fields for signal in.Since its not showing the input fields. So, how to get that.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nutan,

Try entering the exact name of the fields which you require in the signal in field manually..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ari,

Thanks for the reply. Now data is passing but all the iviews are in same page. whether is it possible to navigate between different pages in vc? Or this has to be done in portal part?

I am having one iview with input field and button.After clicking button the other iview should display in the same place of the first iview.How to achieve this?Whether it should be done with pages.?

Please help

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nutan,

That is were i'm also struck up in my project. I'm trying to pass value to an nested iview. If you find a solution kindly share it. I'll also do the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ari,

Thanks A lot for your views.Definitely if will get the answer i will share it with you.Hey may be it is possible with layers or? Have you tried with start and end connector?Sorry for asking so many questions.

Just go through this link :

where to attach that code mentioned here?

this forum is answered but i am unable to understand about it. If you can get the aswer from this please tell me also.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got this code from other thread. But i do not know where to write it. Whether in VC or in portal?So please help.

You could use the following code to establish communication between iviews on different pages. What you do is create a url to the other component and add the parameters to it.

//initialize Map parameters with the parameters you want to pass to the other iview

StringBuffer url = new StringBuffer();

url.append("/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=");

//add the target from an INavigationNode (which you could determine at runtime)

//url.append(StringUtils.urlEncode(node.getName()));

//or add it directly if you have the pcd id (and it is always the same)

url.append(StringUtils.urlEncode("pcd://folder/role/page"));

url.append(pageid);

if(parameters != null) {

Iterator i = parameters.keySet().iterator();

while (i.hasNext() {

String key = (String) i.next();

String value=(String) parameters.get(key);

url.append("&");

url.append(StringUtils.urlEncode(key));

url.append("=");

url.append(StringUtils.urlEncode(value));

}

}

Then redirect to the url you created and in the other component you import the parameters with request.getParameter(String name); for each parameter you want to pass.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nutan,

I've found a way to pass data between nested iviews. To do this create a signal in inside the nested iview and connect it with the output element in the 1st iview.

But couldn't find how to pass value between two iviews in different pages.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using the layers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your help.Now data is passing between iviews but all the iviews are in same page. How to communicate between the pages? And if I am not keeping all the ivews in one page then after deploying the model all views are separetly running. I want to navigate and transfer data in between different pages.

Needs urgent help.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nutan,

i dont understand your issue. what do you mean by "you cant give event selector"?

In your 2nd iView(which will listen to the event triggered by the 1st iView), drag and drop a 'signal-in' operator on the iView and then drag a flow line from the event to a store/form/query/bapi etc, whichever is required. remember to not only name the signal out/in events the same, but their parameters should hv the same names as well.

prachi