Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending and receiving mails; How to configure in SAP R3 4.7EE

former_member185856
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to send and receive mails from SAP using Internet. So that I can send mails to gmail users and other Yahoo users or any mails servers.

I have configured SCOT, SICF transaction using SAP Note 455140, even after the configuration I am not able to send the mails as well as receive the mails.

Could anyone help me out from this challenge. Please provide me the exact details so that I can configure and send / receive mails as early as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The note you refered itself says this:

<i>When e-mails are transferred using SMTP, the SAP Web Application Server communicates directly with a mail server. No gateway or connector is necessary.

<b>You can use any SMTP-compatible product as a mail server.</b>

The SAP system always transfers the outbound mails to a single mail server. You can set its host address and port number.</i>

Also, check the following note:

Note 455127 - E-mail (SMTP) in different SAP releases

If you have MS Exchange as your mail server in your company, you can use the SAP exchange connector.

Check the following Note for the same:

Note 63480 - R/3 and MS Exchange linking

Hope all this helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What errors are you getting in the queue? Are you seeing any errors on the outbound server?

Remember that incoming emails are usually re-directed to a different port on the system (usually something like TCP-25000).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO