cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign resources to a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I'm quite new to SAP, and I'm doing a work at the university about the SAP-PS module.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to allocate a resource to an activity... That seems not an easy thing to do. So far I have understand that I have 2 ways of doing that (through work centers or through the HR module), but I couldn't figure out how to do that (probably because I'm really knew to SAP).

Can anybody help me to understand how can I do any of those methods? Or link me to information that can help me?

I'm using the IDES environment (SAP Model Company), so if there's anything suitable to this environment I would appreciate.

I would also like to know if SAP has any functionality that inform the resource of the tasks that he has to do in a project (I have found the CATS - Cross Application Time Sheet, where the resource can inform the hours spent in a project, but I'm looking for something that shows him what does he have to do!)

Thanks a lot

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help! I could make some progress, like:

- I have created a Work Center, and assigned a resource to it

- I have assigned the Work Center to my tasks

But I still cannot see the available capacity of the resource for the project... That is, I've assigned the work force for two tasks and therefore cannot be execute in the same day, but I cannot see this overallocation, and when I schedule the project, it doesn't shift the activities. Any hints on what else do I have to do?

I'm trying to see the allocation for the project in the Project Planning Board, selecting the "Capacity overview" button, but it only shows me a graph with a flat line for the work center in the bottom of the screen (i would like to view something that show me how much the resource is being used in what time, maybe a table).

I'm scheduling the project also in the Project Planning Board, selecting the Schedule button. It schedule the project for dates that have been changed and for relationships (successors, ...), but don't consider the overallocation. I've tried to use Goto->Capacity Leveling->Workforce planning, but I only got a message "No requirements were found for the selection criteria"... Do I have to put some flag in the activity for SAP to make the leveling? By the way, my project is in the "CRTD" state.

Thanks again

José

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Resources will be allocated to work centre of network activity.

1. Materials are assigned to network activity directly or through BOM transfer.

2. In work centre of network activity machine are also assigned.

3. Employees can be assigned to work centre from HR master data.

Please refer the URL to get more details on resource allocation to project http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/ed/b7853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm.

The functionality you are looking about notification to employees about tasks is n't available in standard SAP. You need to go for customized work flow on notification.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below link should provide the required information. It contains quite a lot of scenarios (all modules) which would work in IDES envoirnment.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/Data/htm/english.htm

Go to Logistics->Project Systems (PS)

All are PDF formats which are downloadble.

Regards

Sreenivas