Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is PI 7.1 installed on?

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know what PI 7.1 will be installed on? Will it be the NW2004s (7.0) or will it be the new NW CE 7.1? Or will it be something else altogether?

The install guides for PI 7.1 haven't been posted yet, and I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere.

Thanks and Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Found the solution myself. The PAM states the basis release as SAP BASIS 7.10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 is not yet release for cutomer use.

It will be ramp -up nearly Q2 of 2008.

Also it is not a parto of NW2004s.

YOu cannot get any installtion guide in SMP becaue it has not yet released:-)

Thanks

Farooq.

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

I know it hasn't been released yet. It is supposed to be going into ramp-up this month, don't know if that has been delayed. I know they won't release the install guides until then... but I was hoping someone knows the answer to my question anyway.

Cheers

Manish

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

were u in any sap teched this year? if ans is no then i want to convey 1 message that PI 7.1 will be released in Q1 2008 which were earlier expected in this month. Then you can have the docs and everything. and yes for sure it will be different than NW 2004s.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was at TechEd in Munich in October, where we were told that PI 7.1 would be released for ramp-up in mid-december. I also know that it will be different from PI 7.0

My question is what version of the WebAS will it be installed on? I somehow don't see why it would be installed on the NW2004s (which is now known as NW7.0) stack... but I can't find any information to confirm or deny this.

I guess I will just wait until they release the documentation.

Thanks

Manish

Update: The PAM for PI 7.1 says that it will be on basis release SAP BASIS 7.10.