cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Exceptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am getting these exceptions when applying the solution for Suppressing unwanted SAP GUI screens from BAPI/RFC when calling them from external system in background

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Session 1: Special character for 'empty field' is /

at com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC$Client.nativeExecute(Native Method)

at com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC$Client.execute(MiddlewareRFC.java:871)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.execute(JCO.java:2995)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.execute(JCO.java:2669)

at myJCoClient.myJCoClientCall(myJCoClient.java:95)

at myJCoServer$Server.handleRequest(myJCoServer.java:65)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Server.dispatchRequest(JCO.java:5409)

at com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC$Server.nativeListen(Native Method)

at com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC$Server.listen(MiddlewareRFC.java:1010)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Server.listen(JCO.java:5205)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Server.run(JCO.java:5139)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

any help will be appreciated...

thanks in advance

berry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berry,

not sure what you did to suppress unwanted screens, but did you check in SAP for any short dumps (a *SYSTEM_FAILURE exception should usually have one). The short dump might give you a little bit more insight where and why it is failing whatever you're trying to do...

Hope this helps, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thanks for responding....

I am trying to upload data using SAP standard uplaod programs throug a java application using JCO.

Unfortunately these standard programs sometimes pops up with a info message and i am getting these exceptions for Suppressing unwanted SAP GUI screens from BAPI/RFC when calling them from external system in background

The program is working fine when executed from the SAP system...i doesn't generate any dump.

it is raising these exceptions only when called from an external program like java.

The message i am getting i.e. "Session 1: Special character for 'empty field' is /" is one of the messages popping in these standard program.

How can i avoid these messages???

Thanks and regards

Berry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berry,

maybe I'm wrong, but I kind of expected a short dump when you run it from the JCo. I thought that in almost all cases where you get a SYSTEM_FAILURE* type exception, you should find a short dump in the system.

Something seems wrong though. When you use a standard SAP upload program (non-BDC) you should not get any popups (and therefore there should be no need to suppress any).

Are you using a BDC or some BAPI/direct input? Have you verified that you pass the same parameters to the function module when running it in SAP versus from external RFC client? Have you tried running the RFC from JCo with ABAP debug enabled to see if you find the place where it exits?

Best wishes, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I am using standard SAP upload programs which uses Batch input method.i have tried runnig the progam with ABAP Debug Mode enabled as well as client GUI Mode enabled.

In both cases the program works fine...its just that the messages pop up in SAP GUI in both cases.

i want to suppress these messages so that i can run the program as a background job and call it through Jco.

Any Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and regards

Berry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berry,

sorry, I have difficulties understanding the problem. You are running a BDC via an RFC function module. How do the messages pop up?

If you encounter the popups in the BDC there must be logic in the program to process that screen, otherwise the BDC would fail (usual reason, "no batch input data for screen...").

Or do you have difficulties because you're doing a BDC for a transaction that is not "BDC-enabled" (i.e. SAP recommends against using BDC as for example for most new Enjoy transactions)? But then again, since you're using a standard program this shouldn't be the case.

Best wishes, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Let me the explaion the problem in detail...

I am using SAP satandard programs to upload data into sap. I wish call the whole process of upload in background through an external system.

Now the problem is that that the standard SAP upload programs(which uses BDC/Direct input for uploading )pops up messages like

Session 1: Special character for 'empty field' is /

Session opened.

Session Created.

Data transfer terminated.

... and many more

When i am executing this program in SAP environment its working fine but when I am trying to run the process externally iit crashing with an exception mentioned in my earlier mail.May be this is because the external program is not able to handle the popups.

I need to find a way to suppress these popups so that the whole upload process can be called externally or if u can suggest me another way of doing the same process.

Thanks and regards

Berry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Do one thing, create one parameter say ERR_TEXT in your rfc, now handle all the error using system fields in the abap program itself. Build a text of the system fields which store the messages using the function module BUILD_TEXT and pass the text to any external program.

Now if the messages are coming in the popup in the sap transaction, then they can not be captured using system fields. the only option is check the validation condition for which those errors are coming and write your own logic in the abap program to handle them and send the custom error text to the external system.

Regds,

Anup.