Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOA

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDNS,

I am attending an interview.

if a question arises on this topic i should have a basic idea on this topic.

What is SOA?

Is this a new mechanism?

What is the new in this?

If it is a old technology does it have any features added to it?

By using this what is the benefit we are achieving?

explain me in simple words.

Dont refer Links.

LOKESH@EDS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just curious, Are you getting interviewed for an SOA position?

Anyway,

There are numerous resources available in NET for SOA. It is a well know Architecture principle selling in todays market for billions of dollars. SOA define an architecture practice to define IT enablement process of a business requirements using SOA principles such as

<u><b>Service Encapsulation - A lot of existing web-services are consolidated to be used under the SOA Architecture. Many a times, such services have not been planned to be under SOA.

Service Loose coupling - Services maintain a relationship that minimizes dependencies and only requires that they maintain an awareness of each other

Service contract - Services adhere to a communications agreement, as defined collectively by one or more service description documents

Service abstraction - Beyond what is described in the service contract, services hide logic from the outside world

Service reusability - Logic is divided into services with the intention of promoting reuse

Service composability - Collections of services can be coordinated and assembled to form composite services

Service autonomy – Services have control over the logic they encapsulate

Service optimization – All else equal, high-quality services are generally considered preferable to low-quality ones

Service discoverability – Services are designed to be outwardly descriptive so that they can be found and assessed via available discovery mechanisms</b></u>

These were old principles existed in IT world how ever we did not have a common language or frame work to use these principles across hetrogenous IT world. After technologies such as Web Services, XML, XSD, WSDL, etc popued up in recent years, it created a new world for these kind of principles.

Eventually all IT companies started enabling their products and frameworks in SOA based approach.

So now if you look into any company web site or product stake, you will see numerous SOA enabled product

SAP Netweaver Platform and related products are SAP's SOA vision and strategy

IBM WebSphere Platform and related products are IBM's SOA vision and stategy

BEA Weblogic Platform and related products are BEA's vision on SOA

Oracle Fusion: it is oracle vision on SOA and these list goes on.

Als another trend out there recently telling if you know tool you know SOA, frankly is it not true anyway that is my personal vision.

So if you learn SOA and if you come up with your own views to SOA principle based IT enablement of a business let me know too

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AndreasHuppert
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are exactly 4 sticky threads in this forum, and on the top of them is one thread "What is SOA". Please try reading there first, then come back when you have more detailled questions.

Thanks

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

sometimes I really think such questions are put here just to test the community's patience.

just do your homework!

sorry,

anton