Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

i am a fresher to sap-sd.

i would like to clear the following.

1.In item category determination ,i cannot able to understand the difference between higher level category,default item category, and manual item category.

can anyone explain in a lower level with eg.

2.What is the difference between general item category group and item category group.

awaiting for ur valuable answers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi divya,

for example ur doing free goods. say u hv 2 materials M1&M2.if at all the customer say X is placing an order for 10pcs of material M1 u r giving 1pc of material M2 as a free good.i.e nothing but Material M1 is the main item n M2 is the subitem of the main item M1.here material M1 is relevant for pricing n whereas M2 is not relevant for pricing. we hv item categories TAN(which is relevant for pricing) & TANN(not relevant for pricing).so while creating an order sys should pick TAN>M1 & TANN>M2.i.e the item category(TAN) which is assigned to the main item (M1) will become the Hi.L.It cat and item category(TANN) which is assigned to the subitem(M2) will become the D.It cat.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Item category defines the behaviour of the Item, like the Item is delivery relevant, Pricing , Billing relevant etc..

Higher level Item Category: This comes into picture with for example for Freegoods, the item category is TANN and this is determined based on the higher level Item category ( TAN). i.e For a particular Main Item (TAN ) another item (TANN) is free.

Default Item category: It is the item category determined automatically for the combination of Sales document type + Item Category Group + Higher Level Item Cat + Usage.

Manual Item Category : is ithe option provided to change the default item category and enter the Item category defined here.

Regds

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in item catagory determination hi-l-item cat is use for free goods, Bom items, and material determination.

this will tell that when condition is satisfied and sub items are following to the main item whcih item catagory should trigger for those sub items

manual item catagory is nothing but with one combination u want assing no. of item catagories u can specifie them in maucal item catagory

ex:-or-- norm-- -- tantas like that

thanks

kranthi

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

divya

make a small search in this forumn, these are already answerd

rewards if it helps

siva