cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP portal and BI java in BI7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi group,

I was told that there is limit in linking portal and the BI java component in a BI7 system. (only one BI java linked to one SAP portal).

How would you resolve this in a multiple BI7 system setup (=multiple BI java components) with the goal of having all reporting one SAP portal?

Thanks,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Its quite late responding you, but i find this is the rith time to respond to your query.

SAP have come up with latest features in Federated Portal Network (FPN) supported by

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP 13 (which is the latest SP). The feature is 'Remote Application Integration' as a Content Sharing usage mode.

This enables the BI Java Applications/Reports deployed on Producer Portal to be shared (reuse) remotely onto Consumer Portal.

If this sounds helpful to you, i can provide you the documents/details on how to implement Fedeated Portal Network.

mail me to : kapil.sharma@tcs.com

Points are welcome if you find it useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil Sharma

I would very much like the documents/details you have on implementing a Fedeated Portal Network.

We have a running EP7 with ESS/MSS on it and will be upgrading our BW3.5 to BW7. While doing this we strongly consider setting up a separate BW-Portal on the BW7 system and use a Fedeated Portal Network to get BW content into the main portal.

Can you confirm that this is a good approach?

What are the advantages of setting up an extra portal instead of implementing the BW iViews directly in the main portal?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jacob Vennervald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

This seems to be very good approach...

Pls go through the url of whitepaper i have published on sdn (on how to implement FPN). It is applicable to 'Remote Role Assignment' but you can extend it for other content usage mode..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70191d1e-2bd1-2a10-d9b7-ba19500d...

NOTE:If consumer and producer portal are located far apart(geographical area) then performance will be slow. There are tools available to improve performance.

With reference to your requirement better go for 'Remote Application Integration' as a content usage mode while implementing FPN. It applies to SAP NW 2004s SP13 and above...

'Remote Application Integration - Facts (As of SP13)

CENTRAL CONSUMER, MULTIPLE PRODUCERS

Technological Requirements: BI Java: expected load and strong Portal & KM dependencies

Benefit: Avoid frequent updates of the central and all content contained. Keep each portal at the level that the integrated applications require.

Only applications / reports running on the producer portal.

All portal content is created and maintained on the consumer portal.

Wizard-based creation of iViews linking to remote applications (Application Integrator-like behavior).

Available with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SPS 13 for BI reports only. Enhancements and more application types planned for later SPS.

Supports changing producer portal alias during design time (change property) or runtime (Dynamic System Resolution / user exit)

Advantages of implementing 'Remote Delta Links' as a content usage mode applies to 'Remote Application Integration' as well

i will send you the document giving you better understanding and helping you to take decision whether to go for FPN or not...kindly send contact detail

Points pls if you find it helpful...

Thanks and warm Regards,

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You have to use Federated Portal concept in such case to overcome the All BI systems under one portal

Swapnil