cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem about execute import button

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is mdm 5.5 sp4.

First, i did field mapping and value mapping in mdm import manager. Then i clicked 'execute import' button. The importing was successful.

After that, I added new fields in ‘destination fields’ of ‘field mapping’ panel via ‘add’ button, and finished new filed mapping and value mapping. Then I activated the ‘import status’ tab, but found the ‘execute import’ was gray. I couldn’t click the button to import new fields and values. What’s wrong? What should I do?

Thank u in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you see any message in the 'import status' tab? Some like 'map field values' or 'refresh record matching step'? This message should be visible where you usually see the 'Ready for Import' message. It gives you a hint what might be missing to finally start the import! Maybe you've just forgotten to reset the record matching?!

BR Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

In import manager during second import make the default import action as "REPLACE" and then do importing.

I think ur purpose will be solved.

Regards,

Neethu Joy.

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heii,

In this regard you should first Refresh it again after importing the Record or values in destination at field level. And then again go for record match tab.

Might Be this will work.

Reward If fing it useful.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to Deepak Gupta and Neethu joy.

the problem has been solved. the reason is some missing values mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if the execute import was gray:

these may be the causes.

1. check the field mapping, and value mapping

2. Redo the Record mathcing step.

3. when you click on the import status tab, if execure import icon is grey, in import status, you will find the remarks( like, partcicualr field is not mapped -- etc.)

do the process again, you can able to see execute import icon.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas