cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just received my SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2. Actually I only want to install the SAP XI on my server. There are a few questions which I need some help in:

1) Can I just install the XI without the rest of the components, such as Portal, Solution Manager etc?

2) There is something called the Rapid Installer, can I use that to install SAP XI?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) Can I just install the XI without the rest of the components, such as Portal, Solution Manager etc?

A) Yes you can

2) There is something called the Rapid Installer, can I use that to install SAP XI?

A) Yes you can but I suggest to floow the std procedure of it refer the installation guide for installing XI>

Thnx

Chirag Gohil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Zhu Kuang Lee

added to the above answers solution manager is used to generate keys which u will be needed to instal the components

thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have raed the Master Guide and identified the IT Scenarios and the Usage Type I need to install, namely:

<u><b>IT Scenario:</b></u>

1) Enabling Application-to-Application Processes

2) Enabling Business-to-Business Processes

3) Business Process Management

4) Enabling Enterprise Services

<u><b>Usage Type:</b></u>

1) AS ABAP

2) AS Java

3) PI

Besides the above, I would need to install the solution manager as a central service. My question is:

1) Which I should I install first? The Solution Manager or the IT Scenarios?

Thank you for your help.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need to install solution manager first if it is required because,

SAP Solution Manager is a centralized, robust solution management toolset that facilitates technical support for distributed systems – with functionality that covers all key aspects of solution deployment, operation, and continuous improvement. It combines tools, content, and direct access to SAP to increase the reliability of solutions and lower total cost of ownership.

With SAP Solution Manager, you can be sure your entire SAP solution environment is performing at its maximum potential. The toolset addresses your entire IT environment, supporting SAP and non-SAP software and covering current and forthcoming SAP solutions. As part of SAP NetWeaver, SAP Solution Manager is included in the annual maintenance fee for SAP solutions.

SAP Solution Manager features and functions include:

- SAP Business Suite implementation – SAP Solution Manager provides content that accelerates implementation. Configuration information and a process-driven approach to implementation speed the blueprint, configuration, and final preparation phases. SAP Solution Manager enables efficient project administration and centralized control of cross-component implementations.

Global rollout – The toolset eases process standardization and harmonization across organizations and locations by providing proven methodologies and all necessary functionality. You can more easily implement standardized settings at local sites, because configuration settings needn't be re-entered into local components.

- Synchronization of custom settings – With SAP Solution Manager, you can maintain consistency as you customize your heterogeneous IT environment. It enables safer administration of customization, less error-prone replication of custom settings, and simpler consistency checks. SAP Solution Manager reduces manual synchronization efforts by automatically distributing custom settings to various systems simultaneously, and by centrally managing all requests to synchronize settings.

- Testing – SAP Solution Manager speeds test preparation and execution. It provides a single point of access to the complete system landscape and enables centralized storage of testing material and test results to support cross-component tests.

IT and application support – The support desk included in SAP Solution Manager helps you manage incidents more efficiently and eases the settlement of support costs. Centralized handling of support messages makes the support organization more efficient.

- Solution monitoring – SAP Solution Manager performs centralized, real-time monitoring of systems, business processes, and interfaces, which reduces administration effort. It can even monitor intersystem dependencies. Proactive monitoring helps you avoid critical situations, while automatic notifications enable fast response to issues.

-Service-level management and reporting – SAP Solution Manager allows easy definition of service levels and provides automated reporting. Service reporting covers all systems in the solution landscape and provides a consolidated report containing the information you need to make strategic IT decisions.

- Service processing – SAP Solution Manager makes appropriate service recommendations and delivers SAP support services. These include SAP Safeguarding, which helps you manage technical risk; SAP Solution Management Optimization, which helps you get the most from your SAP solutions; and SAP Empowering, which helps you manage your solutions.

Hope this will help you in deciding about installation.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am having all the DVD's with me but i don't know form where to start.

As of now i installed jdk in my windows XP System.

From last night I am trying to install in the following manner but its not happening.

the procedure i am following is .

Step1: JDK Installation.

Step2:Oracle9i installation.

Step3:ABAP Engine installation

Step4:Java Engine Installation

is this procedure is right. .. ?

If anybody is having the installation gudie please send it to me

my mail id is d.srinivas8@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Srinivas

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can go thru with ur planning. tehre is no need of these components to be installed.

You can install three main server components.

- SAP Exchange Infrastructure

- Adapter Engine

- Plain J2SE Adapter Engine

The following installation types are supported: Central System (Central Instance and Database Instance on one host), Standalone Database System (Central Instance and Database Instance on separate hosts), Dialog Instances for ABAP and Java

• Automatically installed with the SAP Exchange Infrastructure

• Java only (SAP Web AS Java 6.40 SR1 system) is a prerequisite

• For none Web AS Java environments

SAP Exchange Infrastructure

Is to be installed on the central instance of a Unicode SAP Web AS ABAP + Java 6.40 SR1.

Comprises the following units:

&#8722; Integration Server

&#8722; Integration Builder Includes the following components: Integration Directory and Integration Repository.

&#8722; Runtime Workbench

&#8722; Adapter Engine

Adapter Engine

Is to be installed on the central instance of a SAP Web AS Java 6.40 SR1. Includes the Java Proxy Runtime and Java Proxy Server that enable Java application business system to exchange data using Java proxies.

Comprises the following adapter:

&#8722; File Adapter

&#8722; Mail Adapter

&#8722; JMS Adapter

&#8722; JDBC Adapter

&#8722; SOAP Adapter

&#8722; Marketplace Adapter

&#8722; BC Adapter

&#8722; RNIF Adapter

&#8722; CIDIX Adapter

&#8722; Java Proxy Server

&#8722; Java Proxy Runtime

Plain J2SE Adapter Engine

Can be installed on a non-SAP Business system with JDK 1.3.1 or higher. Contains the following adapters:

&#8722; File Adapter

&#8722; JMS Adapter

&#8722; JDBC Adapter

&#8722; SOAP Adapter

And regarding Rapid installer i have no idea, you just check out with the documentation that what minimum thing it install and then go thru with it or the earlier. I prefer 1st solution.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful