cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening a browser window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum

Basically the scenario of my problem is as follows: I have a reports view which contains a table and for tht table i have a button ie printer friendly version which will navigate to a new view present in a new window.I want this new view to open in a new browser window how is this possible. The reason for this is from this new browser window i want to print that table and this new window should not contain the theme of the portal it should not have any back ground or buttons or links contained in my portal.

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an application for the window containing the printer friendly version.

Open this using eternal window.

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow(URL, title)

URL to the application.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Do you mean to say create another project for the printer friendly version and then invoke it using the url? Also I wanted to know how to assign the url to this new application ie how the system will know that url is referring to tht new application.Can u please explain in a detailed manner.

Thanks&Regards

Jaspreet Kaur

Message was edited by:

Jaspreet Kaur Grewal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that this what you want to do will not bring you the expected result.

Have you tried to print an WebdDnpro View? The Printout looks not really nice and is not looking like that what you see on the screen. Maybe you should have a look into Interactive forms. This might be an easier and much better solution than printing the view in a new window.

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, a new application needed to be created for this which points to the interface vew and plug of this window.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Could u pls provide me the steps to do so.

And also by this means the window will not have the theme of portal as background if so then only it will fulfill my requirement..

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur Grewal

Message was edited by:

Jaspreet Kaur Grewal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all ur replies. I foud the solution myself.

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaspreet,

Will you share your solution with all of us?

Thanks.