cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR in SAPunder MSQ server 2000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am getting Error as DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR in st22 and the users are kicking out from the sap production System this morning

we are on 6GB RAM in SQL Server and between <=8 to <=16 GB in Application server

I can notice in my network packet size', 8192 instead of '4096' So do you think if i run the below script which is recommended in SAP Note 392892 and restart the R/3 System will that be ok, or is there any solution

EXEC sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1

EXEC sp_configure 'allow updates', 1

GO

RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE

GO

EXEC sp_configure 'set working set size', 0

EXEC sp_configure 'priority boost', 0

EXEC sp_configure 'network packet size', 4096

GO

GO

EXEC sp_configure 'allow updates', 0

GO

GO

EXEC sp_configure

GO

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piroz,

In the "How to correct the error"-section of the shortdump you should see the actual database error text.

Maybe the according developer trace file (SM50, dev_w<workprocess number> in the work directory) gives additional information, too.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the packet size.

Only for Java stack it's necessary to set the "network packet size" of the SQL Server to 4096. For ABAP-stack (R3), the dbmssslib.dll sets the network packetsize for each connection on its own, it ignores the server setting.

Regards,

Guenther

Message was edited by:

Guenther Drach

Message was edited by:

Guenther Drach

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, and in the database error text part in ST22 it is showing "[0] connection failure". Is it an OS related issue? Please clarify.

Regards,

Haris