cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDN Issue in AS2 adapter.. Seeburger experts., Need help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam doing a scenario EDI-->Idoc for purchase order(ORDERS) by using AS2 adapter.

We are expected to send the technical acknowledgment once we receive the Orders from sender.

I think When we use the MDN (Message disposition notification), i will be getting the system generated acknowledge like below.

<b> <TransmissionReport>

<from>SAP</from>

<to>BIS</to>

<transmissionMsgID>43cc21a0-f752-11d8-c8ca-00c09f19e074</transmissionMsgID>

<sentAt>2004-08-26T132252+0200</sentAt>

<info/><adapterName>AS2</adapterName>

</TransmissionReport></b>

But my requirement is to send the ackowledgement with few more details like <b>POnumber</b> along with the standard details like below.

<TransmissionReport>

<from>SAP</from>

<to>BIS</to>

<transmissionMsgID>43cc21a0-f752-11d8-c8ca-00c09f19e074</transmissionMsgID>

<b><POnumber>6529833</POnumber></b>

<sentAt>2004-08-26T132252+0200</sentAt>

<info/><adapterName>AS2</adapterName>

</TransmissionReport>

1. Is there any option where i can modify the MDN acknowledgement file by adding few more fields??

2. If not please suggest me how i can proceed with this.

<b>Note:</b> We should not use by creating one more msgtype in SAP and send back the acknowledgement like Orders response(ORDRSP). They just want the file from XI itself.(But not from SAP Side).

Regards

Seema.

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 24, 2008 1:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

If ur problem is solved can u plz help me?

I have one question related to the MDN .

My scenario is like AS2 adapter is on the receiver side means its converting XML to EDI format. When the payload along with MDN is sent from the XI side EDI partner , the EDI partner sends back the MDN acknowledgment back to XI.

The problem is that XI is not able to accept the MDN acknowledgment.

Could you please suggest what all steps need to be configured to receive that MDN acknowledgment on XI side.

e.g 1)AS2 Communication channel with message protocol REPORTS

2)Sender agreement for accepting the acknowledgment

3) What type of message interface is to be used which is required in the configuration step for sender agreements(MDN specific format??)

4) Any other configuaration required ??

Please reply as soon as possible.

With regards,

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

you need to configure ANSI 997 Functional acknowledgement to be sent back to your partner.

It contains some more information (like Interchange_Control_Number, Transaction_Set_Identifier_Code and version, Transaction_Set_Control_Number) that reference inbound document.

Seeburger provides sample mapping for ANSI 997 creation.

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDN is system genrated one.

We can't do anything from this.