cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Party in ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body explain me exactly in which situation we use party in integration directory, if possible send me one scenario with screenshots which uses party in integration directory.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Refer the help:

How to Set up an SAP XI Integration Directory Scenario with Party to Support EDI Partner Processing

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0b355ae-0501-0010-3b83-8f2bb566...

Thnx

Chirag

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

The Party configuration is used when the organization does not wants to expose his service/system directly to the outside world. Here party acts as a intermediate between the org. applications and outside its corporate network .

<u>refer these blogs</u>

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

regards

Ramesh P

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parties will be used for communication between business to business. Means if your company is doing business with some other company and want to send some information to that company using XI, you'll create party for that company and can identify using DUNS number etc

can u read thru these -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagaya,

Please correct me if am wrong.

A2A: Integrating different application with in an organisation.

B2B: Integrating different application across an organisation.

In my case the project which i am working is am integrating different applications between two different organisations. So as per my assumption i am doing B2B scenario's, but i never used Party in Integration Directory. The adapters which i have used till now are File, Idoc, Xi, Rfc. So in B2B scenario's what adapters do we use, don't we use file, idoc, xi, rfc.

in the weblog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

the scenario which is specified whether comes under A2A or B2B scenario.

Kindly clarify my doubts regarding A2A and B2B.

Every one's input is needed.

Thanks in adavance.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This is B2B scenario where your data is coming from different customers located at different countries.

Usually for B2B scenario where you are receiving file in EDIFACT foramt which XI could not understand so we are using the third party adapters like AS2,XI400,OFTPS provided by seeburger, we need to install the seeburger package on XI and use the seeburger mapping program in the adapter module tab for converting the EDIFACT file to XML and XML file to EDIFACT format.

Refer below help regarding the seeburger adapters and configuration if you wanted to really understand:

Seeburger adapters like OFTPS,AS2,X400 are used for B2B scenario where the file is coming through WAn network or mailbox. As XI dont have capability to convert the EDIFACT format file to XML the same work will be done by seeburger adapters.

The SEEBURGER Business Integration Converter (BIC) is an any-to-any format converter, used to translate EDI data and legacy data formats into XML and vice versa. It can also be used for complex, high performance XML-to-XML mappings or to interface to existing JDBC data sources.

Supported EDI formats include:

• ANSI

• EDIFACT

• INHOUSE

• IDOC

• XML Schema

• XML DTD

• CSV

• Delimited Data

• positional data

• SWIFT

• EANCOM

and many more.

See for converting the EDI XML to EDI and XML-EDI you need to have a seeburger mapping program at the adapter module which does the conversion. For this module you need a BIC tool of seeburger which provides the different module program for EDI to XML and XML-EDI. This program needs to be deployed on XI and through adapter it has to be called for conversion.

Refer this forum which is replied by me which talka about the configuration which need to be done for AS2 adapter. This is very helpful:

Seeburger info:

AS2 info:

thnx

Chirag Gohil