cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the documents in KM subfolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve the name of the documents stored in KM repository on a table. However i am getting the documents present only in the first level folder. Could anyone give the code for searching the subfolders for documents.Good points would be rewarded for useful answers.

Regards,

Kamini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamini,

If you have the resources at hand, for each resource you can determine if it is a collection (<i>isColletion()</i>; which then has children). If this is the case, call one of the <i>getChildren</i> methods on the casted ICollection interface, see http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/current/km/com/sapportals/wcm/repository/ICollection.html for details.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

I am using getchildren method still the documents inside the subfolder is not reflecting on the table. Could you please provide the code for reading all the documents in all the subfolders.

Regards,

Kamini

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamini,

> still the documents inside the subfolder is not reflecting on the table.

> Could you please provide the code for reading

> all the documents in all the subfolders.

If you call getChildren, you should be able to debug your code and see that in fact you are getting the children. Your problem so far doesn't seem to be related with the KM API, but with rendering your results into your table...

Best regards

Detlev