cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Importing INFREC01 into MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

We are currently trying to import the purchasing info record IDoc 'INFREC01' into the MDM Import Manager.

However, we are having difficulties matching fields between the IDoc and the repository 'Products'.

Basically the problem is as follows:

We are trying to import the INFREC01 Idoc from SAP, via XI into MDM.

In the generated xml Idoc, there are two segments that we need to import data from:

E1EINAM : Purchasing Info Record: General Data

E1EINEM : Purchasing Info Record: Purchasing Organization Data

For some reason, the import manager brings in two segments:

INFREC01

E1EINEM

The data in INFREC01 contains the fields that we require from E1EINAM but for segment E1EINEM, there is no reference to the material, vendor or info record. Fields that could all be used to match records during import.

As a result, we are unable to perform the “Match Records” step in the import procedure for the segment E1EINEM i.e. match to the remote key.

We have a qualified look-up in the products repository, called "Vendor-Specific Data". When I try to import, I get the message : "Map 'Vendor-Specific Data' field to import qualifier(s)"

I would like to map the Vendor number to this field (as vendor is the non-qualifier in the look-up) but the vendor number is in the other IDoc segment (INFREC01).

How do we import the purchasing info record into MDM? Is there some way that I can clone or copy the vendor field from segment INFREC01 to E1EINEM? Or should I be using some other technique?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathan

In material master vendor specific data is normally for your material supplied by vendor he may have his own part number which you can add during creation of material master(Purchasing view -other data).You cannot map vendor code or number against this field.

Please confirm,

Vivek Maitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Guys,

Neither answer have been particularly helpful.

We need to find out how we can import the IDoc type INFREC01 into the MDM Import Manager. Can anyone out there please help us?

<b>Points awarded generously for any helpful answer.</b>

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I'd assume that the IDoc contains only one Purchasing Info record right? This would explain, why the Import Manager shows only INFREC01 segment but not E1EINAM. E1EINEM is visible because this IDoc segment contains some data.

Question: do you import the data using an XSD for the IDoc? If not, please do so, this is very helpful for creating the import map.

Regarding the import itself, you need to select a source and destination table. In your case, the source table is surely INFREC01 because it contains the E1EINAM data. As soon as you've done this, you should see your IDoc structure as the <b>Source HIerarchy</b> and your repository as <b>DEstination Hierarchy</b>. Now open the IDoc structure in the source hierarchy. You should see the E1EINEM segment as subsegment there. If this is not the case, you need to join the segment to INFREC01, but usually Import Manager should do this automatically. Now right-click on E1EINEM, choose <b>Lookup</b> in the context menu and select the fields you need for your map. Having done this, your selected field should be available for mapping in the <b>Map Fields/Values</b> tab.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

Michael already replied

Message was edited by:

An.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Answer to :How do we import the purchasing info record into MDM? is

You can choose between the following types of import:

<u><b>a) Interactive Import</b></u>

You use the MDM Import Manager to map fields, values, and records manually before import. This method is recommended for initial loading if the Import Manager maps have to be adapted.

<u><b>b)Automated Import</b></u>You use the MDM Import Server to perform an automated import. This method is recommended for delta loading if the mapping is already complete.

I'd liek to share the process flow as well: (wrt BOM record)

<u><b>Extraction from Remote System</b></u>

1. Log onto your remote system.

2. Extract BOM data records as IDoc (BOMMAT) to SAP XI.

Within SAP you can choose tools like ALE Master Data Distribution Logistics Bill of Material Material BOM BD30

<u><b>While for Interactive Import to MDM:(again wrt BOM)</b></u>

1. Start the MDM Import Manager to import the created BOMMAT XML files.

2. Connect to your MDM repository.

3. From the Type dropdown list choose Port.

The port serves as a central depot to collect relevant information for importing data from and exporting it to remote systems as well as for defining the file type.

Ports simplify the manual and automated handling of connection information by bundling attributes (for example direction of the data flow, XML schema, import folder, maps).

4. Select your remote system.

5. Select the inbound port _MDMBommat04 (client-specific).

Do not set the Read-only flag because segments are added for pivot transformations.

6. The Import Manager loads the map defined in the port.

Hope it will suffice to hint you,

regards,

Krutarth

PS: You can have more details @

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/90ed70da5621b5e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">This Link</a>