cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local J2EE Engine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

Could some one provide me some pointers on where can i get the trial version of the installable of the local J2EE Engine?

I want to install this on my local desktop and test my applications and then deploy them onto the central server.

Also please provide me the H/W configuration requirements for this.

I am also not sure on whehter we can test our Web dynpro applications which need to connect to R/3 and call some BAPIs on this local J2EE server. Please clarify this as well.

Regards,

Narahari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NArahari,

Download Netweaver WAS 6.40 installable from the service.sap.com->download-> Application group-> Netweaver-> Netweaver 04-> Netweaver components.

Yes, with this installation your can do connection with SAP R/3 system to fetch data into webdynpro application.

for this installation you require Windows NT or Unix system.

RAM should be 1 GB or higher.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we install a trial(Slim) version in our local system, it is going to expire after some time.

In normal J2EE projects where Web logic etc. are used, it is OK as it is open source.

Is there any way to tackle this problem?

regards,

Narahari

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirahari,

No once the trial period of the Slim version is finished then you have to buy a full version from SAP. This trial version cannot be used after that.

Yes you are very right that WebLogic etc are opensource so they can be used, but this is not the case with Netweaver Developer Studio Trial Version.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please Consider rewarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narahari,

You can download the sneak preview of Netweaver developer studio and install a local J2EE engine for 180 days.

link is as below. H/W configuration is mentioned.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloaditem.sdn?res=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/...

Yes. it can connect R/3 thur BAPI.

But could I install a real version of local J2EE Engine for development if I have a valid SAP developer license?

Please kindly advise!!!!

Many Thanks and Regards,

CW Fok