Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI SECURITY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am facing some issue in BI security.I have given all types of access with full authorization to reporting users to access the queries but they are getting error message as in sufficient authtorization to access the infoprovider.I have really no idea what could be the problem. Help me out. Bi

6 REPLIES 6

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

could you specify the error message you get in RSECADMIN?

are you using hierarchies and/or variables?

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you look in the "old" roles you will see the objects s_rs_icub, s_rs_iset, s_rs_odso, s_rs_mpro. In these object will be the info providers. You have to create a new object in BI with the entrance to these info providers. You also have to add at least one time InfoObject 0tcaactvt, 0tcavalid and as I explained 0tcaiprov.

Further you need authorization objects with the info object that are authorization relevant and from which the info source is used during reports.

See transaction rsecadmin for creating authorization objects and logs etc.

Have fun

Jan van Roest

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a security admin and i have to assign the roles to the reporting users/Rite now i have assigned s_rs_comp,srs_comp1_ ,s_rs_fold,s_rs_param,s_rfc,s_rs_icube,s_rs_iset the major authorization objects and given full access to all the info areas,info cubes.but the users getting error message as insufficient access to the info providers? what is the authorization object for accessing info object.? i am following the old concept not rsecadmin..

0 Kudos

If you are following the old concept, then did you check if the new auth. concept is switched-off from SPRO ?

(After upgrade - this will be on, by default)

Procedure to switch-off:

Go to Transaction SPRO & follow this path:

Display SAP Reference IMG

Expand SAP Net weaver node

Business Intelligence

Settings for Reporting and Analysis

General Settings for Reporting and Analysis

Click on “Analysis Authorizations: Select Concept”

Now select the “Obsolete concept with RSR Authorization Objects” in the drop-down menu & save.

The system will prompt for a transport request, for recording.

Try again now,

Chaitu

0 Kudos

or use transaction RSCUSTV23 directly..

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am missing the object s_rs_auth. There you have to put in the objects you made in RSECADMIN. To test if it is really a authorization problem put 0BI_ALL in the s_rs_auth, this is a kind of sap_all regarding to the authorization relevant info objects.

have fun

Jan van Roest