cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD INDEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

During our live cache monitoring(LC10), we have encountered 2 bad indexes. When i tried to "Restore Index" in dialog, it said that HOTEL.CITY table does not exist.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Regards,

Jeff

Points will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

most likely this is a matter of user authorization problems. Most important is to determine, which user is used to connect to your instance when using transaction LC10, and to which user this table HOTEL.CITY belongs.

In the overview of the bad indexes, any dba user can see the list of all bad indexes - no matter whether or not he is authorized to see the corresponding

tables or indexes themselves or to repair the indexes.

I suppose you have called up transaction LC10 with the standard connection name "LCA".

Since the indexes affected belong to schema "HOTEL" , which is not the liveCache schema, the standard SQL user (which is used when using connection name "LCA") can on the one hand see all bad indexes, but on the other hand can not see the corresponding table HOTEL.CITY which most likely belongs to another user (HOTEL or MONA). Therefore you get the error message about the not existing table.

If you want to "maintain" indexes of the owner of this table CITY in transaction LC10, you have to create a new database connection (create new integration data) with

- an arbitrary connection name

- "Database Manager" user as in connection "LCA"

- "Standard SQL user" = owner of the "HOTEL" schema.

Using this new connection name, you should be able to repair the bad indexes as well in transaction LC10.

In the future we will change the "bad index" display so that you can see only those indexes which you are in fact allowed to repair.

Best regards

--Ute

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help. This have been solved by recreating the bad index in the MaxDB gui.