cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Underline Problem

0 Kudos

Dear all:

I try to print a line with underline, but the space between words are not underline.

Te space is "underlined" during preview, but not when sending to printer.

The printer model is Ricoh Aficio CL 4000DN PCL6.

Thanks.

PS: I already try both of underline option the paragraph format and character format in smartform style, not working.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are getting on the spool and not on the hard copy than it might be a probelm of fornt end printer drivers. They may be not inline with the SAP logical pritner drivers.

Try to print that on some other printer. If you still have same probelm than your basis guys will be the best option to ask.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Today I change the font to be Times Roman, the output still "<u>Bank</u> <u>Name</u>".

Then I try again with Courier New and finally it works.

Now the form will print "<u>Bank Name</u>".

I have no time to try other fonts yet.

Message was edited by:

Hung Kai, Michael Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very late reply I know. But I faced the same situation and was lucky to find an SAP Note that handles it.

The SAP Note is 1149136 and it says that a User key in Windows Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPlpd\SAPLPD) has to have a value of '1' set to the parameter 'print_spaces'. Doing so will cause spaces to appear as an underline.

Yes it's crude, but it's the only note I've found that addresses the issue. Hope this helps you out.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Change font will be fine.

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the very next line, you try using underscore upto the needed length.