cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Billing with DownPayment Clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a problem that the Downpayment made by the customer and posted through transaction F-29 is not being shown as the second line item (below the actual billing item). Actually as per the SAP documentation "those payments already made are taken into the billing document as items to be cleared. They are set as items, after the billing items to which they refer, in the billing document"....However in my case , this is not happening. The other alternative is clearing the downpayment against the billing item through FI using F-39, which though works fine, is still a round-about way, hence can somebody help me with my problem. I'm sure somebody from you experts may have come across this problem. Pls note that all the settings in SD and FI as explained in the documentation ahve been done and are working fine, except the above feature.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem "was because in the Accounting settings of "Reconciliation accounts (A/R, A/P)" [OB14], the sales order field was suppressed. After unhiding this field, it started working fine as this is the field whch forms the link between the Downpayment recieved in the Accounting to be affected as a subsequent line item in the Billing Document.