cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP_Time Based Disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Present system design:

The Time Bucket Profiles which we are using are 24months history(Monthly Buckets) and 12months future (first month in weekly bucket and the rest of 11months in monthly buckets) and in the Data View we maintained offset as 1 period. We have been using shipped orders as historical keyfigure. The shipped orders infocube stores data in monthly buckets.

In the Interactive planning during Time based disaggregation from monthly to weekly buckets, the shipped orders are distributing into all weeks in that month. So, the historical data has been disaggregating in the current week plus all remaining future weeks in the current month.

Requirement:

Shipped Orders are historical data so it should show only in the current bucket and historical buckets only and should not distribute to the whole month.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the solutions can be to add a 0CALWEEK Time characteristic in the infocube which can be updated when you are loading the sales by using some routine.

I think you can add a field in the infocube even if it contains data requests.

So, by doing this you are getting the data in the correct time bucket.

Now , when you are loading data into planning area, the data will be correctly loaded.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been closing this thread

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I guess you can try two options

- Load data in weekly level instead of monthly. You can have data only for the historical/current week buckets and not have data for future weeks.

- the other option is to use Macro date functions to do the data adjustment after the load. The macro can look at data in the future buckets for history, cummulate it and then spread it across current and historical weeks in a pre-defined manner. You may need to explore date functions of macro that can gauge the current day/week. (should be available in help.sap.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas/Mangesh,

Thanks for your solution.

As the disk space is the constraint, we are not in a position to further narrow down to weekly bucket in the infocube. We get data in monthly bucket for remaining keyfigures. In APO we have 7 Characteristics + 7 Navigational attributes + 60+ Keyfigures and 500+thousands of CVCs.

The issue is only with shipped orders keyfigure.

We try to achieve the same result by doing something with in APO. As per Srinivas advice we can do some manipulation with the macro. I need your advice whether any standard functionality available in Planning Area level to control this specific keyfigure to sum up the distributed data into current weekly bucket.

As per Mangesh suggestion, if I add 0CALWEEK then for all keyfigures will be loaded in weekly bucket. But it consumes more disk space. Please add your comments into this.

Thanks

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you can try the macro date functions like TODAY or WEEK(TODAY), which can help you identify at weekly level whether a week is current, past or future. Take a look at the one below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/1d/310eadd0ee11d4b2e40050da385632/frameset.htm

You can use planning book keyfigures to number your weeks in the planning book dataview. using date functions as mentioned above, you can identify which week falls where.

So you can define a logic to consolidate the history in future buckets after the load is over and use a macro to use that number to update the past few weeks in the current month.

If you have ABAP resources, please explore using Macro user exits to do the above.

I guess since you are already too heavy on number of keyfigures, i will stop short of recommending another solution that i had in mind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phillip,

Can you please chk the storage bucket profile. As per me you must be having - Week level selected in the storage bucket profile, as you are able to see the data in the weekly bucket in the planning book.

This means the system is storing the data in the background at week level as well.

There is no additional load on the system or additional consumption of disc space.

So , my suggestion is to add the 0CALWEEK & update in the infocube by means of routine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mangesh,

Storage bucket contains weeks and months i.e data has been storing in Weekly and Monthly Buckets in APO. But Data has been loading into Infocubes only in Months (0CALMONTH) and it never store in weeks. These are altogether different flavors.

I appreciate your answer and we prefer to go with the development of a macro functionality as per Srinivas suggestion.