Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling WebDynpro from VC through URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to call WebDynpro application from VC

In VC, on click of button I want to pass certain parameters(which are i/p of my dynpro application) along with the url query pointing to WebDynpro application.

Things I know:

On button click I have to define System Action -> Hyperlink which will point to dynpro application.

Problem is how do I pass my parameters, one coming from RFC(I have this in data fields @CUST_NO) and other is constant(a string value which I will define)

There is something called "&STORE", what's this?

How do I pass my parameters.

Kindly Help.

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

every iView in vc is allocated one store. this store acts like a temporary variable where you can store values of ui elements and others etc for reuse later.

for passing params from vc to wd appln, click on the data flow line to the signal-out port and you should be able to add params. infact when you drag a data flow line from eg a form to add an "output signal', it will automatically pop up a window with all the ui elements in the form and alllow you to select which of these you want to add as event params. For this to wrk, ensure that your WD appln, has the same event name, no of params, same parameter names since its case sensitive.

prachi

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prachi, thanks for the prompt reply.

When I see the Store, I can see the variable CUST_NO in there, may be added for some other purpose.

But now in my table I have two columns CUST_NO# and NAME, on select of one record and click of button I have to call the URL with the selected CUST_NO.

Will the table itself handle this? I mean the moment I select a record and Click the button present on its toolbar, the STORE will have CUST_NO of the selected record at that time?

Also what will be the syntax of the url? will it be?

"http://<XXX>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/ProjName

/AppName?CUST="&STORE@CUST_NO&"&TYPE=<the string value which I define>&temp"

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

Yes, upon selection of a record, you can trigger a call to the iView (created in WD). In this case, you don't really need to use a store. you could draw a data flow line from the table (do mention event "select" on the flow line) to a signal-out operator and pass the "cust no" as a param. this will pass the cust_no of the selected record thru the event.

am not too sure about the url link though...it should generally be http://<appServer>:<port>/<pcd Location of your iView>/<additional_params>

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the way you mentioned if I don't use STORE then how do I access the url parameters in dynpro application?

Also can you be specific with the syntax of the URL in case of <additional_params>, how do I write this, because I will be using System action where I have to specify the hyperlink.

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have a single STORE and I have tableA connected to STORE.

If TABLEB is taking input from TABLEA then should I make a connection again from tableB to STORE so that the record selected in tableB will be updated in STORE if I try accessing the field from STORE?

I want to access the record of tableB?

Kindly give me your email Id so that I can send you screenshots.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Vishal

Answers (0)