Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction variant and screen variant not capturing all changes recorded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a transaction variant (SHD0) say ZTV1 for VA02 to display certain fields.

I created may screen variants subsequently under the transaction variant say S1, S2, S3 etc..

After I save all the field changes to the variant and when I test the transaction variant only the screen variant S1 changes are reflecting and none of the other screens. I see these screen variant's values before saving in SHD0. However they are not reflecting during testing.

Please help on this. It is urgent.

<b><removed_by_moderator></b>

Thanks

Kee

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kee,

Transaction variants can be very complex and to get them to work properly you often have to go through every subscreen of the transaction. Whenever I have had problems with them it has been because I've missed a screen or subscreen of the transaction

0 Kudos

Alex,

VA02 has so many screens led from it. How do we confirm the number of subscreens. It seems to be an endless list as there are many buttons that opens up to other transactions and hence many subscreens.

What would be the best way to make sure that all subscreens are included?

Kindly reply

thanks

Kee

0 Kudos

Hi Kee,

When do this with a complex transaction, I usually sit down with a functional consultant and get them to run through it with me. It is very important to make sure all the screens and subscreens are captured.