cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias for Sender Http adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to avoid a customer to send to xi the complete following URL in order to use Sender Plain HTTP adapter

https://myserver:443/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=http://mynamespace&interface=myInterface&service...

How can we hard code URL paramtres that are constant for process like Interface name... ?

The goal is to provide a reduced URL to call.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jean-Charle

Message was edited by:

Jean-Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There nothing one can do to decrease the length of the URL. You are posting with all the required element names to the integration engine pipeline..!!

Instead you might consider changing the adapter to SOAP..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I use as said the SOAP adapter, Am I forced to have a soap enveloppe ?

My sender application can't provide or receive such an enveloppe and do basic HTTP requests...

Thanks for your response.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no its not possible to hard code HTTP URL somewhere.

in order to reduce the length of URL what you can do is that you can shorten the names of all the objects like interface name,business system,party etc.

for e.g instead of calling the interface as <i>myInterface</i>,you can call it <i>MI_1</i>,

similarly you can shorten the length of all the objects thereby shrinking the whole URL length.

its a dirty workaround but would shorten the URL length

Thanx

Aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is incredible. Thanks for your response

Does the SICF transaction not enable to create alias services ?

What is the Gui configuration button in SICF ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

see it has nothing to do with any configurations on XI,HTTP adapter of XI works on <i>Post</i> mechanism and not <i>Get</i> mechanism,so if you need to make any changes,it must be made on the sender system coz the messages are posted to XI integration server directly .

so even if you make any changes in SICF it won't affect sender HTTP

Thanx

Aamir