cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am New to Data Archiving and need help to Archive Business Partner in CRM. I tried to Archive some BP's but it was not archiving. Kindly throw some light on it.

I have check the Archive Flags for the Business partners using the t-code BUPA_PRE_DA

Problem we face are:

1) When we try to write a Business Partner to an Archive File the Job Log Shows finished but no files are created in the System.

2) When we try to delete the BP from Data Base it doesn't show the Archived BP's that could be deleted (I guess this is because there are no archived file).

Archive Object Used is CA_BUPA. We have created a Variant and set the Time as Immediate and Spool to LOCL.

Kindly let me know any prerequisite process is there.

Kindly let us know if there is any step we are missing here and if we are on the wrong track.

If any one help me to provide step by step procedure is highly appriciated.

All answers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

This link solves issue.

https://answers.sap.com/answers/13126944/view.html

BR,

Guillermo

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I got stuck with Archiving of Business Partner. What would be the ideal archival criteria to set the archival flag for business partners?

The report helps to put the flag for archival, but would like to know how to filter out which business partner not having open items and future transactions?

thanks for your help.

Regards,

Partha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasarao,

First check for the BP's that you have selected does have any open item.

Say there is no open items for BP,s

Then check that whether you are archiving the BP's with production mode. If you are archiving it in Test mode then archive files will not be generated. So please dont select the test run in write selection variant.

Steps > SARA > CU_BUPA > Write > here in the selection screen dont select the test run and select all other according to your business need > Schedule the write Job > Execute.

Question 2. When archive file is generated then the deletion can be done maually or automatically as per your specification in Archiving object specific customizing. So please check the archiving session number in management option after you run write job successfully.

please post the error that system will give during your run so that i can understand issue clearly.

If my answer is benefited then reward.:)

-Thanks,

Ajay

former_member601051
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I have followed the below steps for the BP Archiving....and maintained the relevant authorization objects.

BP DATA Archive -CRM - CRM - SCN Wiki

And when i performing the delete operation in the SARA 

when i select the Archive Selection

Files are not visible ..

Kindly, pass the inputs to proceed further..

Thanks & Regards,

Vinutha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sreenivas,

Sara transaction is used to archive all kind of objects

for your BP:

1) check the archive flag first in transaction BP under status tab.

2) see settings in spro:make residence time to 1 days.

3)In SARA activate the information structre of CA_BUPA.

4)Then proceed with your steps of archiving.

hope this will help you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Digvijay,

I struck up in step2. i am not able to find the residence time setting in SPRO. Could you please give me some more inputs. I am working on CRM4.0.

In CA_BUPA write program is not caturing the business partner info.

in spool log it is showing as "You have not selected any data records for archiving"

i missed any steps, while archiving the Business partner.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasarao A,

You can use transaction SARA to archive business partners. For more information about this topic, see the documentation for the SAP business partner.

You can use transaction BUPA_DEL to delete business partners.

The system only deletes the data for the SAP business partner during archiving and during the deletion of business partners. Customer master records and vendor master records are retained since they are considered as separate objects. To archive customer master records and vendor master records, use the relevant functions of the customer master records or vendor master records.

Hope this helps.

Please assign points.

regards,

Muralidhar Prasad.C