cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with required parameters for BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be more of a SAP query than an xMII query. I have successfully sent a PM notification to SAP using BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE. However I am now attempting to also send up Cause Group and Cause Code. I have these in the BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE fields /TABLES/NOTIFCAUS/item/CAUSE_CODEGRP and CAUSE_CODE. When I run this BAPI I now get the error message TYPE: E MESSAGE: Indicate sort number. I have tried putting a number in the CAUSE_SORT_NO and the ITEM_SORT_NO fields with the same error message. If I put a number in both of these fields I get the error message TYPE; E MESSAGE: Problem during number assignment cause record. I I put a character in one of these fields I get the error message Value 'A' cannot be converted to NUM type at field CAUSE_SORT_NO. Can anyone tell me how I send a PM Cause Code and Group to SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

John,

My recommendation is to get it working in SAP GUI, <b>se37</b> first and then calling the BAPI from BLS. Also the ABAP forum may get you a better answer as to what's going on since that's not really an xMII issue

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

I got some information in the ABAP forum which assisted me in getting my parameters set up correctly.

Thanks,

John.

0 Kudos

John,

That's good news, glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue. Just for completeness can you please post the link to the ABAP forum which helped you. This way people in the future will have a better chance of resolving their issues.

Thanks.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

The link that helped me resolve my problem is

John.