cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons for deactivate the update in SM13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have had a problem in my system because suddenly the "update" has been deactivated and I don´t know why this has happened. Someone can tell me how can I know the reason of this error? where can I find the reason, or how can I find it?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ibon,

I would check the various logs and monitoring transactions to see if anything specific happened with the system. Does it look like any processes in SM50 were restarted (especially the update wp's)? Does anything unusual show up in ST04, SM21, or ST22?

Or did you do all of that already?

Thanks,

J. Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ST22 there were a lot of processes canceled, and in SM21 I can see there was this type of errors:

AB0 Run-time error "TYPELOAD_NEW_VERSION" occurred

BY4 Database error 1654 at INS access to table DBTABLOG

AB0 Run-time error "DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR" occurred

BY4 Database error 1654 at INS access to table DBTABLOG

Former Member
0 Kudos

From these messages it looks like you might have lost connectivity to the database. Have you looked at those logs to see if anyone shut this down?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I see how someone can shut this down? amd what has been the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We already faced the same issue.

The saturation of a tablespace triggered the deactivation of transaction sm13,

understandably ...

ORA-01654: Unable to extend index in tablespace

Action: Extend the tablespace.

Please reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

PSAPROTI was the tablespace witch has the problem, I think this tablespace is a tablespace used for index and in this moment is 0% used. I would like to know how this tablespace was full or what can be the reason to full this tablespace.

Can you help me? I would like to know the reason to put solutions not to have the same problem in the future,

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check history of tablespace PSAPROTI in transaction DB02, it might help you to understand how and when it was fulled ...

Check history of the tables/indices belonging to that tablespace.

Maybe some indices have been dropped ?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

And how about rewarding the people who did help you with some points?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have seen that Delta was used but I can not know how it happens, could you say me how can I investigate it? If you want, can you send me an email addres and i will send you a screen copy of the DB02 and maybe you can say me something more about the error.

Thank you.

Ibon