cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data won't follow changed columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table I fill from an RFC. I've added columns to the RFC and changed the order and which columns display in the table. However, no matter what I do, the "old" data and order display. The new column headings display in teh right order (which are just the labels for the data, so I'm very confused as to why the data is appearing in the wrong place). I've deleted and recreated the connection from the RFC to the table. The engine has been rebooted at least 3 times since this RFC has been changed. This table is right in the middle of a HUGE model. I'm afraid if I blow that whole form away, I'll lose all the pop-up's and RFC's connected to the other side of it which will have a domino affect to the end of the model. Anyone know of any reason why the data won't follow the column headings? The columns change fine, the data just doesn't. Anyone got any other ideas? I don't know how to post a screen shot on here or I would.

Terri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Terri,

am sure you've ched this, but nonetheless ensure under Tools>Options>Compiler-->Do not cache retrieved services is checked

also, did you try doing a "Test Data Service" on the rfc after re-importing it? does it show data in the incorrect order?

you mentioned that you restarted the engine thrice (this is just j2ee or abap engine as well?). could you get portal team to ensure that the cache is cleared? Mario has an appln writen to clear the cache, chk it out on wiki..

as a last resort, i've read people recommending changing the name of the rfc in the backend and reimporting it in the model...

prachi