cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of GOA in R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to have a opinion for a doubt. Can we change a SRM GOA transferred to R3 in R3?

I have my own doubts about it....but would like to have a opinion of some expert.

Also, if yes, is there a way of avoiding this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

GOA created in SRM is distributed to back end R/3 either as a contract or a scheduling agreement.

When ever you craete follow on documents using those contracts / S.As in R/3 the GOA gets updated in SRM.

You can modify those contracts / S.As manually but the changes will not be replicated and displayed in GOA.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Award points for suitable ansers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Can we change that SRM GOA in R/3 once it transferred in R/3?

It is clear that if we create followon doc like release order in R/3 it gets update in SRM also. But if we are creating GOA in SRM then why one shld change this in R/3 becasue we already have the functionality of distributting the GOA at Plant level in R/3 itself.

we are woking in Extended classic scenario(SRM4.0). As well as we are facing problem for data trasfer in GOA like internal note is getting updated in R/3 but how this happens in the system that still not clear as till date we were not getting this Internal note replicated in R/3 but this happens with only once GOA. Do we have any way to track this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

You can not change the GOA in R/3 as i said in my previous message.

The GOA is distributed to R/3 as either a contract or a Scehduling agreement. You can change only a scheduling agreement / contract not the GOA. But those changes will not get reflected in SRM (GOA).

GOA is used when you have Classic Scenario. I have not seen GOA used for ECS.

Hope this answers your query.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure that i agree with you on the last point you made. GOA is used in ECS too. However, i got the answer you are trying to give for the change in the Contract in R3. Thanks