cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply oracle patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have SAP ECC6.0 and oacle 10g, OS is AIX 5.3.

I have to apply the oacle patch now.

Can anybody help with the documents.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I'm a bit amaze that, with the lack of information you provided, people was able to guess which patch you were talking about.

If I go to the note

871096 Oracle Database 10g: Patch sets/patches for 10.2.0

I can find quite a huge number of patches that you <b>MUST </b>install, not only one.

From your question I "guess" that you have installed no patch ( you have no clue HOW to install one ) so I think that

1) you must check the note 871096 to find out what patches you MUST install ( the note has also some recommended patches )

2) take a look at the notes

306408 OPatch: Oracle tool for patch installation

839182 Oracle database 10g: OPatch

1026237 FAQ: OPatch and Universal Installer 10.2

where is information on how to use OPatch ( to install the patch )

3) if you have NO patch installed ( you can check it using opatch ) and you want to install ALL the required patches ( and also the recommended patches ) then you can take a look at the note

1027012 MOPatch - Install Multiple Oracle Patches in One Run

After you have read all those notes, you will know how to install one or more patches in Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja !

To install the CPU Patches released by Oracle you will have to make sure you have the latest patches already installed ( i.e. if you plan to install the October patches make sure you have all the previous patches installed) .

Download from SAP Service marketplace https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/support the correct version of patches ( be careful to choose SAP ECC6.0 and oacle 10g, OS is AIX 5.3 )

Unpack the zip file and read carefully the documentation.

Upload on the AIX server the patch.

Stop SAP

Run the patch (as listed in the documentation)

Run the additional sql scripts (as listed in the documentation)

Start SAP

Done !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrei,

Do we have to stop the DB?

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you have to stop it.

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have too. And be careful if you have more than one instance, you will have to patch them individually.