Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions in XI

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please answer me

1.How to Use Third Party Adapters in u r project.?

2.How to Use External Objects?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

When do I need to develop an SAP XI adapter and not just use an existing one for my SAP XI content?

These are some questions you should consider before deciding on such a course:

Have I looked at the list of available XI adapters to see if they are a possible solution?

Do I have a custom proprietary application or system that needs a customized extractor or adapter which is not available on the current list?

Am I in the business of reselling adapters to SAP’s partners?

Am I a System Integrator (SI)?

Do I have a complex schema which is proprietary?

Do I have a proprietary database which I need to make available for accessing via an adapter on SAP XI?

Do I have the capacity to build the adapter and support it throughout its lifecycle?

the question might still come up, “For what type of scenario do I need to develop a customized adapter and for what scenario can I simply provide SAP XI content and use a provided adapter?” Consider the following two scenarios ...

Scenario A:

In this first scenario, you simply need to provide SAP XI content which makes use of standard SAP XI adapters. The SAP XI content consists of design objects (e.g. integration scenarios, integration processes, message interfaces, messages, data types, interface and message mappings) imported into the Integration Repository under your own namespace. It enables your external system to make a BAPI call into an SAP system using both the SOAP and RFC adapters.

Since this scenario made use of standard SAP adapters, no customized adapter was necessary.

Scenario B: SAP CIDX Business Package

The second scenario involves providing both a specialized adapter and business content. This scenario is represented by the SAP CIDX Business Package (Chemical Industry Data Exchange).

As background, CIDX is an organization that focuses on developing eBusiness standards, called “Chem eStandards”, for the chemical industry. These standards have become the de facto standards for transacting business electronically in the chemical industry.

This SAP CIDX business package provides the necessary components that enable an SAP application to transact with a business partner using CIDX defined standards.

The CIDX business package includes the following items:

CIDX Adapter:

RNIF 1.1 Adapter for CIDX

Business Content:

Business Scenarios

Mappings between SAP Solutions and Chem eStandards Messages

Message Interfaces

Chem eStandards Message Definitions

Chem eStandards Version 3.0

Future Chem eStandards Version 4.0+

The adapter itself provides the following functionalities:

Implements Chem eStandards envelope and security requirements (based on the RNIF 1.1 protocol)

Packs and unpacks Chem eStandards v3.0 messages

Verifies the structural integrity of message headers

Handles message security

Manages Chem eStandards message exchanges using Collaboration Partner Agreements

Monitors and audits messages

Choreographs action and signals between messages

In this context, the adapter enables functionality at a lower message and session level (e.g. processing communication protocols, security, interface semantics, etc). If needed, it could also provide further security handling and logging functions.

Higher level functionality is enabled by the business content part of the package. This includes message definitions, mappings, and business scenarios as mentioned in Scenario A. The content is imported directly into the Integration Repository.

To enable CIDX scenario, you need both adapter and business content. From this example, you can see that if your application implements an industry standard or a unique messaging protocol, you may need to provide a specialized adapter. If low level functionality can be handled by existing adapters, you may just need to provide the business content to map messages or enable a business scenario.

Above Data is Taken from a blog ...

Also check these links :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8b/895e407aa4c44ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/04/testing-sample-adapter

2 For External Objects, please check out tbit 42 or 40. you will see how soap adapter use it. For info, you can import your WSDL structure using IR and then go to External object -> new -> and import. after that you can see all the objects in coressponding tabs.

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Answers (0)