cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM - Continuous consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am modelling the supplier production using CTM. The supplier's minimum production lot size is 2000 tonnes which is mentioned in supplier product master. The daily production capacity is 200 tonnes which is mentioned in the PPM. So 2000 tonnes should require 10 days. Now there is a dependent demand of 400 tonnes which flows to the supplier. The requirement of 400 tonnes is being met i.e. dispatched only after the entire 2000 tonnes is being produced. My requirement is that 400 tonnes should be dispatched after 2 days of production and not wait for the entire 10 days production to be complete. I have selected "Continual Consumption" in the consumption type for the output component in the PPM. So this should result in the production should being split on a daily basis i.e. 200 tonnes each for 10 days to make the minimum production lot of 2000 tonnes. It should dispatch 400 tonnes after 2 days production and keep the rest 1600 tonnes as excess production at the supplier end. However, in my scenario, the dispatch is happening at the end of 10 days only. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try checking the check box in CTM profiles strategies tab on "Store Receipts at Destination Location" and "Transport Receipt Elements Individually"? Does it not work with that setting? If it does not then I suspect, you would need to put a min lot size of 200, rounding of 200 and max lot size of 2000.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think CTM will support continuous...

That is function of PP/DS.

You may try using PP/DS PPM's and select continuous planning in CTM.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I tried your suggestions but it does not work. I am now veering round to the idea that CTM does not support continuous consumption.

Thanks,

Ehsan Ahmed

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess CTM may not support order splitting and send out batches of factory output to the destination as soon as it is produced. You would need to brin down your max lot size further to ensure that multiple supply orders are created and managed by CTM one at a time. A lower Max lot size definitely is closer to continous consumption. This might require then master data changes which you need to explore with business if its feasible.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if CTM supports continuous consumption.

Ken Snyder