cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Selector, Visual Composer, Dashboard and Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to developed a portal language selector iview using Visual Composer which would be placed on the main framework of the portal. It would allow the user to change the language of the portal on the fly - it would change the language of a dashboard created in Visual Composer. There is a question posted by Richard Tucker (/thread/52450 [original link is broken]) where he talked about this functionality but without Visual Composer or more detail on his solution.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Gilson Teixeira

SAP BI 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilson,

you can do this with a VC application. You need a portal webserivce which modify the language of the current user for this you can use the coding of Richard Tucker, which modifies the current portal language. After modifying the language you have to reload the portal/website.

You can add a form with a dropdown with all available portal languages and set it to the current language and after selection of a new language the webservice is called, which modifies the portal user language and reload the current website (a button with a browser refresh).

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your answer. I could not try your solution but I am sure it would work. At the I have found a way to avoid development. I am testing this solution using condition of visibility in tables and forms from Visual Composer. If everything works I will describe for you here.

Kind Regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilson,

thanks in advance for your commitment. You can describe it in our Wiki. I think this is the best place for it.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

My solution has not worked yet. It is not the best way but it is one solution that occurred me. I wish to have an opportunity to show it in our Wiki. It is very simple and you might help me by telling why is not working.

I created two Nested Iviews as described bellow.

1. Nested Iview 01 with components headers and bottoms in English.

2. Nested Iview 02 with components headers and bottoms in Spanish.

3. Arrange Nested Iview 01 exactly on top of Nested Iview 02.

4. On top of my two nested iviews, inside of main Iview, a drop-down-list Idiom where EN English, ES Spanish;

5. On Visibility box of Nested 01 the following formula Idiom==EN;

6. On Visibility box of Nested 02 the following formula Idiom==ES.

I am not sure how 'Language' setting from Portal would have an influence.

Kind Regards,

Gilson