cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send query parameters using BIApplicationFrame

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am working on integration of BEx WebTemplate in webdynpro view.

I am using BIApplicationFrame ui element for this.

I set the template id in template property of BIApplicationFrame.

I have to execute a query of this template.

So i selected the option 'query' of dataProviderStateType property.

<b>How to send the query parameters to that query.</b>

I did not find any help ( Example tutorial ) for BIApplicationFrame UI element in SDN.

Please anybody help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem was not solved.

I am setting the fowlloing values in BIApplicationFrame

dataProviderStateName: BEx Query Name

dataProviderStateType: query

server: server url

server type: java

templateid: BEx template id.

The query screen is opening ..But no data.

I have to pass the following two parameters to that query:

BI_COMMAND_1-I_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=ZVARCUST01&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING=0500000003

&BI_COMMAND_2-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_2-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=0I_CMNTH&BI_COMMAND_2-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_2-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING=01/2000-12/2002

How to send these two query parameters using BIApplicationFrame.

Please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem solved. I used the following code in wdModifyView() method.

Map parameters=new HashMap();

parameters.put("BI_COMMAND_1-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=ZVARCUST01&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING","0500000003");

parameters.put("BI_COMMAND_2-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_2-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=0I_CMNTH&BI_COMMAND_2-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_2-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING","01/2000-12/2002");

WDBIMethods.addCustomParameters(wdThis.wdGetAPI(),"BIApplicationFrame",parameters);

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide the steps to implement BIApplicationFrame. I have been struggling for the past couple of days to use that.

I have a BW 3.5 WT that I need to call from WebDynpro tab. I created the BIApplicationFrame UI and I do not know what parameters to give. I tried to look for help but I could not find any example.

I appreciate if you can explain a little more about the usage of this UI element.

Also how do you specify server name when we move between servers (Dev, QA and Prod).

Thanks,

Kalyan

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to use BIApplicationFrame ui element in CE 7.2.

I have set the following properties of the UI element:

dataProviderStatrName: my query name

dataProviderStatrType: query

server: http://<BI java stack host name>:<port number>

serverType: java

templateId: my java webtemplate id.

But after deploying i am getting a blank screen only.

can you help me out to solve this issue?

I have a portal system to connect with BI abap stack in my CE system.

Is there any connection needs to be establish from CE to BI java stack?

I need to pass the variable input from webdynpro context to web template. How it will do it? Is there any modifications needs to be required in web template for this? Please help me.

Regards

Sajith

sajith_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charan

I tried to add the costume parameter in BIApplicationFrame same method that you mentioned. But the result is not coming.

I am trying to pass the input variable for the query.

My url is:

http://<host>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_ad...

If I execute the url directly the out put is coming perfectly after filtering and if I pass the parameter by adding code in wddomodifyview method the filters not working.

My webdynpro code given below:

mapParams.put("BI_COMMAND=&BI_COMMAND-TARGET_DATA_PROVIDER_REF_LIST-TARGET_DATA_PROVIDER_REF=DP_1&BI_COMMAND-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_SELECTION_STATE&BI_COMMAND-CHARACTERISTICS_SELECTIONS=&BI_COMMAND-CHARACTERISTICS_SELECTIONS-CHARACTERISTIC_SELECTIONS_1=&BI_COMMAND-CHARACTERISTICS_SELECTIONS-CHARACTERISTIC_SELECTIONS_1-CHARACTERISTIC=ZCUSTOM1&BI_COMMAND-CHARACTERISTICS_SELECTIONS-CHARACTERISTIC_SELECTIONS_1-SELECTIONS=&BI_COMMAND-CHARACTERISTICS_SELECTIONS-CHARACTERISTIC_SELECTIONS_1-SELECTIONS-SELECTION_1=SELECTION_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND-CHARACTERISTICS_SELECTIONS-CHARACTERISTIC_SELECTIONS_1-SELECTIONS-SELECTION_1-SELECTION_INPUT_STRING","C05");

Appreciate if you can help me on this.

Sajith