Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Abap proxy not pupulating infoSource

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing a JDBC --> XI --> BI scenario. Everything is working properly from the JDBC to XI to BW. however our abap proxy is not populating the infor Package at all (when we test, even though it says successful). We did a debug and it still seems to not have any data coming through to<i> <input-data-controller>.</i>

We had initially used the input-data-item as per the document "how to push data to BI from XI' from the how to section of the SDN. This was causing syntax errors, i.e. <i>input-data has no element item</i>.

When we searched for input-data-item, we couldnt indeed find item, but found controller, which we used and it resolved the syntax errors. However no data seems to be coming into that.

Please assist, anyone who knows what the code might be missing: below is the code

<b><i>method ZII_XIBWIN~EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS.

• **** INSERT IMPLEMENTATION HERE **** ***

break RONNYM.

DATA: l_text TYPE string,

l_s_data TYPE line of /BIC/WCQZXITEST00001000,

l_t_data TYPE /BIC/WCQZXITEST00001000,

FIELD-SYMBOLS <l_line> LIKE LINE OF input-data-item.

LOOP AT input-data-item ASSIGNING <l_line>.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING <l_line> TO l_s_data.

APPEND l_s_data TO l_t_data.

ENDLOOP.

CALL FUNCTION '/BIC/CQZXITEST00001000'

EXPORTING

data = l_t_data

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 1.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.

MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE sy-msgty NUMBER sy-msgno

WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4 INTO l_text.

*RAISE EXCEPTION ZCX___BIC__CQZXITEST00001000_E.

• EXPORTING text = l_text.

endif.

endmethod.</i></b>

Regards

Ronny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good advice, thank you

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. select the right inbound interface

2. goto the "structure" tab of the interface

3. Drill down the object

4. Click on importing

5. In the RHS of the screen u will see subscreen called abap key

6. Select the name reference. This will be ur type declaration in proxy method

if data in not flowing into proxy then check ur moni.

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

Thank you for your response. Input is already defined as type that structure that is displayed on the name reference. The issue is accessing the data that is within that structure. Ideally its suppose to have the format input-data-item. However we only have input-data and input-data-controller. And non of them work

What we did differently was declare a different variable of type the name referrnce, it gave the same result

Please assist

Regards

Ronny

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did u try to debug ur server proxy? for help refer the lik below:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

in debuggin mode check if data is populated into the strucutre or not.

also check ur variable assignment with this one

int_tab = input-<outbound message type>-<row>

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

Thank you for responsing. I have checked, the structure is not pupulated at all. I also cannot use input-<outbound message type>- row as my message type is generated from BW and has the format -BIC-CFZESS_TEST. All that can be recognized is input-data-controller

Regards

Ronny

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

This message has been resolved. I recreated everythign from scratch and activated everything and it worked. Unfortunately I dont know exactly what the problem was. It might be that when downloading the RFC function into the repository, only the function was activated and not other things that come with it. So activatign everything might have sorted the issue

Thank you so much for your assistance

Regards

Ronny

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SXMB MONI of you BI system, are you able to see the payload as what you expect it to be?

VJ

asgarali_mia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi VJ

Yes, its exactly how it should be. I even took it and uploaded as an external xml file, to my Proxy (testing the proxy), it goes well and prints "message processed without errors"

So what we did was debug the Proxy code and first found that input-data-item does not exist, so we used input-data-controller, which is never populated. So the question is, which variable are we suppose to be using there?

ou

What piece of code do we need to use to read the uploaded XML?

Regards

Ronny