cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation with screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am having a iview with three buttons new,edit and delete when each button is clicked i need to navigate to corresponding iview, please help me out in this issue

Regards

Noel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I usually set this up using one iview with different forms for delete, insert, update. To show the relevant form I use visibility conditions.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please more clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be more precise: I usually make one table showing existing entries. I add two new columns to this table for update and delete buttons. These have different actions, and pass different values to a data store variable.

These values correspond to rules in visibility conditions for showing either an update form or a delete form. Both of these forms hold the values of the row that was selected from the table when either the update or delete button was clicked.

The forms also have buttons that trigger either an update or delete statement to the data source.

In addition to this I make a separate new form for adding new rows. This also is set with a visibility condition that is triggered from for example a "new" button in the table's toolbar area.

Hope it helps

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am also searching for the same type of query. I have created two iviews.

For example:

1st iview with one input field and submit button. 1st view is connected to signal out named as "port"

2nd iview with same fields as 1st iview. 2nd iview connected to "port"

But while deploying I am getting two run views. And submit button is not working also. So please help.

Regards

Manivannan.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manivannan,

do you hv a data flow line from the form to the signal-out port with 'submit' event defined for it? without this the submit event defined, the action is not triggered and the output port not called. Also ensure that the data-fields on your output signal and input signal are the same and hv the same names too (its case sensitive)...hope this helps

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

I have also done the same but in the second iview i am unable to get the EPCM event. If i am clicking then I am unable to write the name. So, how to get that. EPCM event is a drop down list but some options are given like event category and event scope.Its not allowing me to write the name also. So what to choose there. Please help. Its urgent.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning ,

Please explain how to give that visibility conditions.Urgent

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

I am unable to get your idea.

My scenario is..

1st Iview has two buttons A and B. After clicking A it should navigate to 2nd iview and B will help to go into 3rd iview. But from 1st iview I am having one output. So, for such condition what shall I do?

Its urgent.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nutan

The idea with visibility conditions is that you can have several form elements in one single iView (one for updating, one for adding new row, and one for deleting), and depending on what you want to do you (which action you want the forms to trigger when form button is pressed) you set visibility conditions for showing either one of the three forms.

You do not need more than one iView for doing this.

I am not quite sure if I have been addressing your real problem. What is it you need each of the three iviews to actually do - what actions are triggered by the three iviews/what functions will they hold. Can you describe in a bit more detail so I hopefully can be more presise.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Thanks for your response. My requirement is:

Package-page-iview---form

1st iview-1 form with 2 input fields and 2 buttons-then that form is connected to two pop up iview.

So how can i navigate based on buttons. Like one button is NEW to go to NEW_IVIEW and other button is DELETE to go to DELETE_IVIEW.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nutan

If you have the data you want to save in your first form, why can't you make the new button save this data directly to the data source? Why would you want the second popup iview?

The same for the delete function. If your form holds the id to the row you want to delete, why not delete directly from the delete button in the original form?

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

I got the answer. I am able to go into pop up ivew. But now I want to navigate in between the pages.And pass the data also. How to achieve that? Please help.Its urgent.....

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nutan

I am sorry to say that I haven't worked much in pages in VC.

I obviously don't see your whole picture. I am not sure what it is you want to do. It seems to me you need to do simple inserts, updates and deletes, and I am not quite sure why you can't do all in one single iview. I have many models that do all these in one iview with one or more forms, and they work great. The simpler, the better

If you could describe your complete scenario in detail it may be easier to give more relevant and detailed answers.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Previously i thought that two forms can not communicate without Bapi function.So, I was struggling with different iviews. But,if its possible with forms in one iview then where to set the visibility. You have already given the answer but sorry to disturb you again. Because, I am new in VC and I have no idea.I have set the visibilty as false in one form then after clicking the button also its not visible. So, please give the step by step process, it will be very very helpful.

Its really urgent.I am unable to proceed because of this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

Drag a data store connector to your design board. Add a field to the data store by clicking the +. I usually choose data type: number (but you can of course choose boolean). Call this field insertFormVisible or something. Set default value = 0

Then in your form you set the visibility condition to STORE@insertFormVisible==1.

Then you drag a line from the out port of your table or form (where you have your button that should make the insert form visible) to your data store. On the line you set insertFormVisible = 1. This makes the form appear when the button is pressed.

You also have to choose the same event name that you use for the line to the BAPI.

Then to make the form invisible again after inserting you can also drag a line from the out port of the insert form to your data store. On this line you set insertFormVisible = 0.

Then do the same for the other forms you need to show/hide.

Do also remember to keep the lines from the out ports of the forms to the BAPIs to actually trigger the inserts, updates and deletes.

Hope this helps

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henning,

Its working now.But I am unable to invisible the previous form if other button is clicked.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

On all lines to the data store you have to address all form values to either 0 or 1.

For example on the line to the data store where you want to show insert form but hide update and delete forms you set:

insertFormVisible = 1

updateFormVisible = 0

deleteFormVisible = 0

Wherever you turn visibility on for one component, you should turn it off for the others.

Cheers and thanks for points.

Henning

Answers (0)