How to insert a record to the z-table.

former_member185856
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created one z-tabe with fields

refnum, and

status.

if the refnum is >200 ; Status filed should get the value as "TRUE" else "FALSE".

could any one help me on this.

regards,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunil ,

U can do this in Data manager .go to 'Assignment ' Tab in record mode for field status and in Assignment expression give the expression

If((refnum>200),true,false).

Note: <i>During importing leave the column for status Blank i.e. no record should be there in status.</i>This will solve ur purpose.

Or if u want to give a warning message then go for validation.

U can do this in Data manager .go to 'Validation' Tab in record mode,there u add a validation(By right clicking )for ur field, give the expression as per ur requirment .Give a warning message .

Plz reward points if u find this helpful.

Regards,

Neethu Joy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

As a solution to this, you can use either MDM Calculated Field or Assignments

MDM Assignments are a kind of Expression.

You can define complex formulas based on the data values of the record, and then evaluate those formulas against a group of one or more records.

The result returned by the expression can then be assigned to the value of the specified user-editable field (Status field in this case).

To create an Assignment in Data Manager:

-

1. In the Record Mode, click on the Assignments tab to make it the active tab.

2. Right-click in the Assignments pane and choose Add Assignment from the context menu. MDM adds a new assignment named “New Expression” to the list of assignments, and highlights it for editing.

3. Type the name you want for the assignment and press Enter.

4. Specify the property "Assignment" which would be the expression/formula , using the Operators and Functions provided .

In this case it would be

IF(refnum>200,TRUE,FALSE)

or

IF(refnum>200,"TRUE","FALSE")

6. In the property "Assignment Field" , select the field to which the result of the assignment must be assigned . In this case it would be Status field of z-table.

7. Press Shift + Enter to save the new assignment.

Once the Assignment is saved , you need to run the Assignment to see the effects .

To Run the Assignment:

-

1. In the Records pane, select the set of records on which you wish to run the Assignment.

2. Right Click and Choose Assignments->Execute->your Assignmentname

Hope this helps .

Pamela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

For availing the desired result you can use the partitioning at field level concept from

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/147c545de03e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">this URL</a>

Regards,

Krutarth