cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRPT reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am going to make IRPT Reports in XMII, I am new for this reporting.

There is use of web page design also and I have no idea for this concept.

Can anyone help me in this regards by giving complete document for end to end development of web page and IRPT report display.

Regards,

Study SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First thing is that you need to develop the webpage with the extension .irpt instead of .htm or .html,

Second thing is that you need to use the <Servlet> tag instead of <Applet> tag to get the dynamic contents at the report page and you could use the Session properties to send the information from one page to your irpt page, that looks some thing like this

<SERVLET NAME="Lighthammer">

<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="Your QueryTemplate">

<PARAM NAME="FilterExpr"

VALUE="Some Value.. mailny comes from session variables and in {} brackets">

<PARAM NAME="Content-Type" VALUE="text/xml">

<PARAM NAME="Stylesheet"

VALUE="http://localhost/Illuminator/Stylesheets/IllumRowsetTable

.xsl">

</SERVLET>

This will get the data from the query template mentioned with the filer expression.

Hope this helps atleast to start with

Regards

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<SERVLET NAME="Lighthammer">

should be

<SERVLET NAME="Illuminator">

If you use the Plug-In content generation wizard it has a report mode that will help with the syntax and avoid the guesswork.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Report pages are HTML pages with special tags embedded in the page to indicate where dynamic content should be inserted. By combining standard HTML with the SAP xMII dynamic content, extensive control is provided over page layout, formatting, and inclusion of application-specific headers, logos, and other information.

<b>The purpose of the IRPT pages in xMII are:</b>

To pass parameters from one page to another page session variable concept is used. In that case the variables should be passed by using setPropertyValue and getPropertyValue methods. But in the case of irpt pages the values can be passed in the URL name itself. For example:-

window.open("myreportpage.irpt&variable1=<value1>","_self");

In this case irpt pages store the value of the variable in the Illuminator server instead of in browser.

Using irpt extensions you can generate the reports which are printer friendly pages.user interface is not posible on the data

Now i will explain why should we use the IRPT variables.

1. Security reasons for cookies at that time you can not pass parameters in browser session variables.

2. Variable will be live till the time of total session, where as in most of the cases it should not after transferring the data from one page to another one.Even in the case of cookie you can reset the value of the variabe.

In the case of irpt session variable no need to reset the session variable.

I hope this explanation gives enough idea about this things.

<b>BLOG</b> : How to pass data dynamically between pages in xMII 11.5

/people/abesh.bhattacharjee/blog/2006/11/29/how-to-pass-data-dynamically-between-pages-in-xmii-115

Vijaya

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good article Vijaya.