cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning SAP PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a expertise in SAP Plant Maintenance (3 end to end cycles) and Quality Management (2 end to end cycles). I am looking out to upgrade my skills for SAP PLM. Please anyone of you can suggest me what features are covered in SAP PLM. Also where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Rgrds

Vikas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kent for this valuable suggestion. Can you please let me know about any good study material for this course.

Thanks

Vikas

bettassoci
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I am partial, but I would recommend you consider the Project System module. I am certain you are familiar with this and have encountered it on your PM projects. The skills you have with Plant Maintenance should help you with learning the PS module. You will learn about building a project, including planning, budgeting, executing, and reporting. You will need to learn about particular types of business projects such as expense, capital, and revenue projects.

Of course, do it because you enjoy it, not because you think you can make more money! I like this area, and have been working with project management systems for about 25 years now.

You will also want to educate yourself about integrating SAP Project System with other applications such as MS Project or Primavera...just as examples.

Regards,

Kent Bettisworth

www.bettisworthassociates.com