cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect from PI 7.0 to a MICROSOFT .COM application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to connect to a Microsoft .com application from the PI 7.0 system that it is in an AIX system. Any idea about how can I do this?

We are trying to connect with a PDM application -SHERPAWorks- that it is a quasi-obsolete application and we are actually connecting to this application using Microsoft COM technology. We are not sure if we can use the WSDL so we want to look for other way to do it in case that it is not valid the WSDL -SOAP-.

Now we need to change the old middleware -that it is actually obsolete- and use PI7.0 instead of it. We are looking for the way to do it using PI7.0 in an AIX environment.

Thanks to all

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing you need to consider here is what are the capabilitites of the COM application. R u getting data from it or are you sending to it? In case if this application is not capable of calling/exposing a web service.. then SOAP adapter is ruled out.

If your legacy app is capable of procesing flat files or xmls then a file adaptor would the be correct choice.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana !

You can expose/publish SAP ERP functionality as WebService using PI. This will generate a WSDL file/definition for each published service (based on BAPI/RFC functionality). Then you could use those WSDL files to create the stubs in the microsoft development environment to consume those services. As far as I know, Microsoft COM objects are needed for invoking the execution of RFC directly in SAP, without using a middleware like PI.

Regards,

Matias.