cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to xMII. what are the technologies I must know in order to learn xMII. Does it involve much of JAVA, Applet or HTML coding. I am from ABAP background and I don't have knowledge on Java technologies. How far it will help me in understanding the xMII better.

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HTML, Javascript (not Java - very different), SQL, XML/XPath would all be useful skills.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically you need to know how to code in javascript ,writing queries in sql ,little bit of knowledge in XML as well . you can minimize coding if you have good hands on with BLS since its having all the logic involved.As already you are in coding field you wont feel much difficult but you need to put extra effort in javascripting as it is difficult than java.Above all you should have good understanding in Manufacturing domain since it deals with Manufacturing.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

In addition to XPath, I would also recommend learning XSLT for more advanced XML manipulation inside Business Logic Services, but this isn't something you need right away.

Since xMII is presented using web pages, good web coding skills (HTML, CSS, etc.) are absolutely essential to a good end user experience!

Regards,

Sascha

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

I am totally with the above two posts and wanted you to go through this link and see what xMII can do and you can see what skill set needs to be required.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xmii/main&;

Also you can decide whether xMII will be interesting for you or not.

My suggestion is, do some home work, read articles and then take your decision.

Cheers,

Ajay.