cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product hierarchy change for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to change the product hierarchy of a material for all sales areas, so i wanted to know what is it going to impact if i change it, coz that material is an old material and has been used with that prod hierarchy from long time so if i change it now, how is it gonna impact?

Regards,

Noopur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As previously said, the changed product hierarchy value will beocme applicable only for the new documents you are going to create. For the old documents, the older PH levels exists, it wont get automatically change.

Also, the infostructures also will hold the old values for the old transactions.

So it will be better to archive /delete the data so far in those structures and hten enable it for hte new PH values. Else, you cannot arrive at a conclusion based on PH levels, as the same level will imply different things at different points of time.

Hope this helps.

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the old documents it will continue to have the old values. The tables like (VBRP, LIPS, VBAP etc) and in info structures like (S001, S002 etc) it will continue to have the old value.