cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of ABAP Proxy Receiver Channels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I would like to know which is the optimum configuration (for performance) about ABAP Proxy Receiver channels.

We have one R3 system and all the ABAP Proxies are in the same client. So it's enough with a single receiver channel pointing to the R3 destination, but what is better for performance? Single channel for all scenarios or one per scenario?

I've the same question for JDBC receiver channels pointing to the same database.

Thanks,

Gari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Single channel for all scenarios or one per scenario?</i>

For one receiver and one interface, u can use only one communication channel. i.e, only one receiver agreement

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek.

But what I mean is if I should define different channels, one for each inbound interface or just one for all. The receiver is always the same R3 system but different inbound interfaces.

Thanks,

Gari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define the one communication channel if the recevier system is same business system(i mean only one business system) and u can define multiple inbound queues for the same ....to have more efficiency........

Regards

Sai Ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gari,

If the load is not very high then a single channel for all receivers should be the optimal setting. If the load is very high, then while processing some larger messages a few smaller messages may have to wait longer time than required.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I understand now.

Thanks a lot,

Gari.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this will help you a bit.

Within an SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI) installation, there are various possible

resource shortages: on the SAP Web AS ABAP, for example, if ccBPM is used

extensively, or on the SAP Web AS Java, if huge and complex mappings are executed.

However, you should only scale the SAP Web AS Add-In installation (ABAP and Java in

one system) with SAP Web AS Add-Inn dialog instances. By scaling the SAP Web AS

Add-In installation homogeneously, the dialog instances will all look the same. If you

change the layout or functionality of some dialog instances, for example, by activating

specific adapters on only one SAP Web AS Java server node, this might create a new

SPOF. To keep operational tasks as simple as possible, we recommend that you keep all dialog instances the same.

From a runtime perspective, the most interesting point in a scaled SAP XI landscape is

communication. There are two different kinds of communication:

• Messaging, either from or to business systems, or between the Integration Server

and the Adapter Engine

• Internal communication, for example, mapping requests, System Landscape

Directory (SLD) requests, exchange profile requests, and so on

Due to specific restrictions, you must not change the exchange profile. All connections

defined in the exchange profile should point to the central instance. RFC connections are established and SLD associations are created based on these parameters. If you have

set the exchange profile parameters, it is not possible to apply RFC logon that is based on message server and logon group (due to the need for load balancing).

Also check The HTTP destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI, as defined in

transaction SM59, should not point to the load balancer, but directly to the central

instance. and also check SAP Note: 538405.

help.sap.com/nw04 &#8594; SAP NetWeaver &#8594; Solution Life Cycle Management &#8594; System

Management &#8594; Configuration &#8594; Dynamic Logon Load Distribution &#8594; Configure Dynamic Logon

Load Distribution for RFC Calls.

SAP XI Internal Communication

SAP XI uses both SAP Web AS ABAP and SAP Web AS Java at runtime. The

Integration Server, the plain HTTP adapter, and the IDoc adapter are part of the SAP

Web AS ABAP, whereas the other adapters and the Java mapping are located on the

SAP Web AS Java. Therefore, there is some internal communication at runtime.

If a message is sent to the Integration Server through an adapter which resides on the

Adapter Engine, for example the SOAP adapter or the file/FTP adapter, the message

must be sent from the Adapter Engine to the Integration Server (AE to IS) for further

processing. Messages that need to be delivered through a specific adapter need to be

sent from the Integration Server to the Adapter Engine (IS to AE).

Finally you can check more info at www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have only one communication channel for one recevier (only one seneraio at a time).

And its the same with JBBC also .................

Click on the link below for mor info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Reward with ponits if helpfull

Regards

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Ganesh.

I know I can configure only one communication channel for the same receiver because I have all my R3 scenarios configured with the same Receiver Channel, and all of them work properly. But what is better for performance?

Thanks,

Gari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gari,

Its always better to have multiple inbound queues for better efficinency .................

regards

Sai ganesh