Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDME Console cannot create any repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi MDM Support,

We are encountering some issue when we try to create new repository in MDME console.

After we picked the Database and enter the user and password, it will popup the screen for data and index file path. However,no matter what path I defined and leave it blank , it will error out and say

"Unable to set current database with database server"

We have checked the database connection is correct,

Listener is up and set correctly. All the

services is started. We also checked the user has

dba role and able to connect to Database server.

Please advice,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think reboot of the server is required after mds.ini is modified. But again, mds.ini is modified just once for the db user name. From that point forward, you use that logon for repository creation. To use client (data manager), import maanger, etc. you do not need different logons at the database level. You set up roles at the repository level. Repository comes with Admin (most powerful) and everyone (read only) roles.

Is the mdmadmin you want to create to replace ABC?

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

You can create the repository using the user you defined in your mds.ini file on server. For example, I have Oracle DBA Username=mdme. SO when I try to create a repository, I right click on the server, and provide information about my databse intance, login (mdme), password ***, and repository name I want to use.

To enter console, there is no security.

Why are you trying to use another logon to create repository other than ABC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitri,

I added the Oracle DBA Username=system in mds.ini ,

however, when i try to type "system" and ****, it said "error initializing database engine" , when i type my original user "ABC" , it works again. Very strange.

Also, after you edit the mds.ini file , reboot require?

The reason that I need to change my original logon becuase I use my name on it, and I want to create something meaningful for other test user like "mdmadmin".

Thanks.

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I had the same issue earlier. Check whether you are using tsnnames and I think this does not work with tsnnames concept.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

The password for Oracle user A2I_XCAT_DBS should be tha same as to the user "system" in your case. If you prefer using user "mdmadmin", then adjust passwords: A2I_XCAT_DBS and mdmadmin Oracle users should have the same password. At present it is working like this and nothing more should be done.

Regards, Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I remove the database and all the ConSole and MDM server.

I create a new DB again. It's seems like the issue happen again.

1)We installed the Oracle Database on one machine and MDS on aother machine. MDS machine has installed Oracle Clinet software.

2)Our Character Set is WE8MSWIN1252 which met the install guide.

3)In the MDM host, we ran the Oracle Network Configurator make the DBMS known to Oracle clients, We also tested SQL plus to test the user is able to logon to the Database.

4) The first time the MDM Server connects to the Database, MDM Console ask which user account to use to connect to DBMS. We used the user "system" at beginning and we select the option using the user "system" to create a new account which will be used thereafter, in our case. "ABC"

5) I created another user "DEF" with DBA role with the all permission like "ABC" . All the port and listener checked and fine.

Right now only "ABC" can access the Console to add and remove the repository. not even the user "system" or "DEF"work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

i) If you are using SQL Server then this entry should be exist in mds.ini:

Sql Server DBA Username=master

ii) If you are using Oracle DB then this entry should be exist in mds.ini:

Oracle DBA Username=SYSTEM

Also if you are using Oracle then version should be 9.2.0.1.

All the best

Shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to create a repository on a multiple instance Oracle Server ?

Ronen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you right click and check the DBMS settings on the server, in console, can you connect?

Can you connect to the database using SQL plus or any other tool?

Is your mds.ini settings correct for database name, oracle system login?