Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restricted access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to make a role for finanve dept. In this i want add transaction FMRP_2FMB4002. This runs a report. But i want to restrict access so that user can read only particular commitment item. The auth. object for commitment item is F_FICA_FPG. And it has fields named as 1- Activity , 2 - Auth group of commitment item and 3 - financial management area.

How to restrict this. Please help

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in SU24 if the object is available in FMRP_2FMB4002

if not consult an Abaper to add the check in the program.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in SU24 if the object is available in FMRP_2FMB4002

if not consult an Abaper to add the check in the program.

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

It is there in su24. And it is check/maintain. i tried to add commitment number in the auth groups field and activity is display. But still it is able to see other commitment items. Please advice more.

Thanks,

Tajinder

0 Kudos

Tajinder,

Have you ran a trace (ST01) to see if the object is checked when the tx is run?

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

yes i have run trace for auth check.

this is the trace file data

Client: 200 User: TEST1234 Transaction START_REPORT Trans ID: 474D28942893008EE1008000C0A8780E

Work Process 0 PID 0 Date: 05.12.2007 Start: 14:11:11:797.838 Finish: 14:11:11:936.632

First Block of Dialog Step Last Block in Dialog Step

Block Version: 745 No. of Records: 3 File Version: 1

hh:mm:ss:ms Type Lasts(us) Object Text

14:11:11:798 AUTH - - - K_KA_RPT RC=4 CEAPPL=FM;TABLE=IFMEISA;CEREPID=2FMB4002;ACTVT=L0;

14:11:11:818 AUTH - - - F_FICB_VER RC=0 FM_AUTHACT=03;FM_FIKRS=NDPL;FM_VERSN=000;

14:11:11:818 AUTH - - - F_FICB_FKR RC=0 FM_AUTHACT=03;FM_FIKRS=NDPL;

I had to manually add the auth object K_KA_RPT becoz the transaction was not executing without it.

I guess others are not relavant.

I guess i have to make changes in K_KA_RPT. But could not find out

I have made every other object inactive in the authorization data of role.

but only above three shown in trace file are active and user is able to see all commitment types.

please advice.

Thanks

Tajinder

0 Kudos

Hi Tajinder,

As I thought, it looks like there is no check on F_FICA_FPG and as a result, currently no way of being able to restrict by that object.

I'm not particularly familiar with Funds Management but in a number of situations, if an object is in CM status, it's possible that there is some config option which can enable the check to be activated. I suggest that you speak to your functional team to see if they are aware of any option.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

for auth object K_KA_RPT its is only check. Should i try changing to CM. Can this help.

Please advice all.

Thanks

Tajinder

0 Kudos

Hi Tajinder,

From your post, the controlling object for commitment item is F_FICA_FPG

This is the only check that counts. You said that it is CM in SU24, however we have seen that when you run a trace, object F_FICA_FPG is not picked up. As I suggested before, you should speak to your functional team about this as there may be a way of activating that check.

K_KA_RPT is a separate topic, if it is needed to run the transaction then change it to CM - that way you will pull the object into the role whenever you add the transaction.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have told them.Lets see if we find any solution

Thanks for your help Alex.

Thanks

tajinder

0 Kudos

good luck!

0 Kudos

closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos