Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent copy SC items derived from external catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We currently encounter the following SRM challenge:

We want to keep the "Copy old purchase orders and templates" functionality for Describe requirements, Internal catalog SC items and External catalogs SC items which can be validated. However we don't want External catalogs SC items that can not be validated to be copied. This to prevent old prices to be transferred to the R/3 backend

When you define the webservice (in customizing) you can choose to set the validate flag.

System behavior when the validation flag is not set (for external catalog that can not be validated):

When you copy a SC item, only a warning is triggered which the user can ignore. This warning only appears once during the copy, afterwards SRM considers the item like a regular item (so no additional check can be performed, even when you would set this warning as an error it would not make any difference the user could just press continue.) This does not ensure that the price is up to date.

System behavior when the validation flag is set (for external catalog that can not be validated):

When you copy a SC item, the SRM system reroutes you back to the external catalog. This seems to be a great solution since the catalog can not be validated, the only way to ensure that the price is still up to date, is to select the material again from the catalog. (we can train our users in this). However when I select the products from the external catalog and transfer it to SRM. The system automatically logs out. The screen of SRM appears, the chosen products seem to be in the shopping cart... but when you press continue the system immediately times out. So this is also not an option.

We use SRM 4.0 with classic scenario

Hope you have some suggestions,

Leonie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this related thread for other pointers:

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your suggestion

The link to the thread is indeed almost the same question. Monique Stephens

wants to restrict the copy function on vendors, I however would like to be able to prevent copying on certain external catalogs (which can not be validated). You would think that SRM should have a solution for it.

Anyhow Monique Stephens posted her thread on May 10, 2007 and she was not able to get an answer.....

Kind regards,

Leonie

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

External catalog can support OCI validate function. Why don't you ask them to support OCI.

When do you get logout issue? Does it happen when you create a new shopping cart? or after copy or during copy ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

thanks for your quick response.

Not all suppliers are capable to support the correct OCI 4.0 version. Of course we ask our supplier during the set up of a new external catalog but they are not always able to comply.

The timing is as follows:

-Shop

-Copy old purchase orders and templates

-Select SC item (derived from external catalog, which can not be validated - validation flag flagged)

-add to shopping cart

-Now you are rerouted to the external catalog the SC item was originally derived from (integrated view)

-select the product from the catalog

-press transfer to SRM button

Now it happens: a small pop-up appears right bottom of my screen which goes to the left upper side of the screen, stating: "Application is shutting down Please wait" appears

At the same time you see the SRM shopping cart filled with the chosen product (looks fine) but when you click continue the big white screen is shown "Session timed out. Please log in again."

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check when you creating a new shopping cart, item transfer works fine from external catalog. I guess your issue is in your customizing, the external catalog does not support the validation function but your catalog has validate flag is on. You should not set the validate flag if the external catalog does not support OCI validation function. If you get same error when you creating a new shopping cart, please get http log with HTTPWatch tool and check POST parameters.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

The reason I flagged the validate flag is that I want to prevent the user to be able to copy out dated prices from outdated shopping carts. When this flag is deflagged, the user only receives an error (or standard SRM warning) which the user can ignore and thus create SC items with outdated prices.

I implemented note 487917

Result in SLG1 BCT1:

Initial creation shopping cart item:

NEW_ITEM-LINE = 00001

NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION = Universele stalen kast met vleugeldeuren

NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY = 1

NEW_ITEM-UNIT = PCE

NEW_ITEM-PRICE = 186.1500

NEW_ITEM-PRICEUNIT = 1

NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY = EUR

NEW_ITEM-LEADTIME = 10

NEW_ITEM-VENDOR = 2005404

NEW_ITEM-VENDORMAT = 977552

NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP = 24310701

NEW_ITEM-EXT_PRODUCT_ID = 977552

When using Copy functionality:

NEW_ITEM-LINE = 00001

NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION = Universele stalen kast met vleugeldeuren

NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY = 1

NEW_ITEM-UNIT = PCE

NEW_ITEM-PRICE = 186.1500

NEW_ITEM-PRICEUNIT = 1

NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY = EUR

NEW_ITEM-LEADTIME = 10

NEW_ITEM-VENDOR = 2005404

NEW_ITEM-VENDORMAT = 977552

NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP = 24310701

NEW_ITEM-EXT_PRODUCT_ID = 977552

As you can see the NEW_ITEM-EXT_PRODUCT_ID is filled. Still the system

throws the user out.

The real question still remains: how to prevent copying certain external catalogs that can not be validated and still be able to copy all other SC items

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The validate flag should be off because your external catalog does not support OCI validate function. You can implement CHANGE_DOC BADI or CHECK BADI to delete items which has external Catalog ID and display some messages.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

thanks for your input:

According to me the CHANGE_DOC BADI or CHECK BADI can not be used since the system does not recognize that the shopping cart item is a copy. Only at the moment of copying, the system is able to trigger a message. As soon as the item is copied to the shopping cart, SRM sees it as a regular item ( there is no indicator that the item was copied), so the Check or Change BAdI can not check for a copied shopping cart item. This would mean that all items also the new (not copied ones) assigned to certain catalogs would be effected. So these BAdIs can't be used.

Kind regards,

Leonie

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonie,

Agree. How about BBP_WF_LIST BADI ? Add some logic when displaying the old shopping cart.

or

Add some logic to disable the check box if it is catalog item.

SAPLBBP_PDH_SEARCH 4001 Line 575

`if (GV_SUB_MULTISEL.value == "X")`

<!-- COLUMN ITEM: checkbox the selected item - -->

`TD(align="center")`

`if (SUBLIST-FLAG_NONSEL[n].value == "X")`

`BBPCheckbox("","","")`

`else`

<input type="hidden" name="SUBLIST-MARK[`n`]" VALUE=" ">

<input type="checkbox" name="SUBLIST-MARK[`n`]" value="X" `if (SUBLIST-MARK[n].value == "X" || SUBLIST-MARK[n].value == "x")` checked `end`>

`end`

`end`

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Your suggestion seemed very promising so I forwarded your coding to our programmer.

She states that the Program = standard SAP, and so this would be a real modification (my company does not like modifications in standard SAP)

She did not find any BAdI's in the program.

According to her the BAdI "BBP_WF_LIST BADI" is not applicable since the fields needed are not available.

Kind regards,

Leonie

maybe you have other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i have understood,in the badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI/BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI,you can check when the action = "Old purchase order/templates" then check whether the SC item added is from an External Catalog or not.SO basically you can check on the field "SY-UCOMM".

Do let me know.

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>