cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use ODBC source in MDM Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to connect to any source databases using an ODBC connection. I have several dsn files in the standard location (C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data Sources). These dsn files all provide proper connectivity withing other client apps.

MDM IM gives the following error message when I try to connect:

Login Error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Message]Data source not found and no default driver specified.

I do not get this error in any other client apps. I tried both with and without the .dsn extension. I have some dsn files that connect to SQL Server databases and some that connect to Oracle databases -- none work in MDM IM, but they all work in other client apps. I also tried giving the full path to the dsn file, but then I get a "source name too long" message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vince Moore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glen,

Well, I'm no getting the error message now -- MDM Import Manager is now hanging -- never completely logging in.

I'm running MDM IM on my PC. The MDM Server is on another machine. I set up the system dsn on my PC. What do we need to set up on the server PC?

Thanks,

Vince Moore

glenleslie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Standard troubleshooting from here: can you connect via the same ODBC DSN from something like Excel or Access?

If not, try stopping/restart MDM Server (and RDBMS if possible).

If still not working, can you install Import Manager on the server machine temporarily to see if it's a network connectivity issue?

Also, I've had problems when running firewalling on my local PC-- the MDM client applications use TCP sockets...

glenleslie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try a System DSN instead of a File DSN.